Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

Youtube compressed dbc17 on a console vs PC DBC14 creates these graphics comparisons imo.

I think that the videos twistie put up look worse then RLL3 and Lacrosse at full settings on my PC but I have no doubt the final product should look better.

YouTube is nasty when it comes to compression and we have no idea what Twistie's settings were on.

One thing I'd love though is the conversion from DBC14 to DBC17 created players to be looked at. as right now they aren't really useable.

I fear we won't have all the likenesses on release date if we can't use the DBC14 models as they looked on the last game.

Now that the World Premiere is over is there an update for the demo Later today? Please and Thank you. :D

Certainly is based on that same engine plus a lot of improvements besides. BTW The talk of lower graphical quality than DBC14, Rll3 or Lacrosse is frankly ridiculous and people making those observations seriously need guide dogs.

On a related note, all of the animation is either brand new or very much reworked - all of them have been touched - to understand what we've had to do to animate this game you need to first figure that most sequences are a blend from one animation to the next, it's extremely difficult to do.

People should check out games based on other niche sports, such as Handball, to see the level of delivery in this game and pause, and think, before hitting that "post reply" button.[DOUBLEPOST=1477570426][/DOUBLEPOST]

WTF are you talking about dude - there's plenty of half-arsed negative comments that remain here.

People are seriously blind if they think a newer game has worse graphics than the previous game in the series.

Fabulous stuff bigants. You guys did a great job and I personally don't care about different bowling styles etc. Game play looks smooth and career mode has lot of depth. I'm sure you must have put in a lot of thoughts on getting the bowling experience right this time. Looking forward for the launch.

Did anybody else pick on the fact (from twistie's videos) that Face Scanning could be a possibility in the future? I suck at making myself, so if true that would be cool!

Did anybody else pick on the fact (from twistie's videos) that Face Scanning could be a possibility in the future? I suck at making myself, so if true that would be cool!
Not this time, maybe DBC20?

Just finished watching the career mode video. I'm stoked. The thought and effort put into the sequel clearly shows. C'mon guys, a little appreciation goes a long way.

Great job BAS :clap

Just can't wait for announcement of pre-orders.

On a side note, I did notice something in the video. When the scorecard was being shown at the end of the match, we could see one of players talking and even some movement in the crowd in the background. That was subtle.

Just finished watching the career mode video. I'm stoked. The thought and effort put into the sequel clearly shows. C'mon guys, a little appreciation goes a long way.

Great job BAS :clap

Just can't wait for announcement of pre-orders.

On a side note, I did notice something in the video. When the scorecard was being shown at the end of the match, we could see one of players talking and even some movement in the crowd in the background. That was subtle.
I saw that as well. Small things like these are going to bring the game to life.

Easy on the nitpicking guys, we still have more than a month's worth of fine-tuning and bug fixes, followed by 2-3 patches. Don't write off the game because something in a pre-release video bothered you.

Easy on the nitpicking guys, we still have more than a month's worth of fine-tuning and bug fixes, followed by 2-3 patches. Don't write off the game because something in a pre-release video bothered you.

I don't think anyone is writing anything off - There's some observations is all. We don't know what stage the build shown was, but they must be going through submissions process now so I imagine it's pretty much a final build. I think it's fair to make any observation people choose... They will soon find out that people disagree! :)

Users who are viewing this thread