Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

In all seriousness though that's what Big Ant have done so so well. Creating those little moments that no cricket game
Has ever done.

In previous games it was always you hit it or you miss it by a mile.

There was never that ohhh just beat the outside edge. Or any form of inside edge behaviour.

It's that little things that make it so immersive because every innings is different.

It's those little moments that make DBC such a good game. Regardless of its flaws (talking only 14 here), it created an immersive enough atmosphere that the players own narrative can turn it into something special. Absolutely cannot wait for December!

Yeah DBC14 definitely had those little moments. And, come to think of it, AFL Live 1 definitely did too despite having flaws as a video game. I played the fearsome tweak out of that (no mean to boast but #2 on xbox live at my peak....)

Ross
I have had posts removed now comments to discredited me. Everything is getting screen captured.

You brought negative comments on yourself by getting emotionally involved people know they will get a rise from you. Every game gets them it’s certainly nothing new what I’ve seen on here its tame really it is. Not that I’m defending them I am simply making the point.

I don't think anyone needs to actually edit your posts to discredit you, perhaps they were trying to help? :p

In any case, I've made very, very few comments and have no editorial control over this site. So capture away - god only knows what you're going to do with these fantastic screen shots, perhaps call the forum police?

IMO You think way too much of yourself to think that you've been targeted, but hey, what would I know, maybe people that run this place are really, really bored and have way, way too much time.

I don't think anyone needs to actually edit your posts to discredit you, perhaps they were trying to help? :p

In any case, I've made very, very few comments and have no editorial control over this site. So capture away - god only knows what you're going to do with these fantastic screen shots, perhaps call the forum police?

IMO You think way too much of yourself to think that you've been targeted, but hey, what would I know, maybe people that run this place are really, really bored and have way, way too much time.

tumblr_m2r10gOdRn1qlrxk7o2_r1_500.gif

AFL live 1 was better then AFL live 2 ;)

You have a point, a very tenuous one, but now @BRAB , we both know that AFL Live 2 wasn't made by BA and wasn't a sequel, it was a Frankenstein game of outlandish proportions, a port of the Wii version, which was a port of the PSP version, which was a port of a mobile version - perhaps the greatest re-use of code ever seen but really someone should have killed it a lot earlier and put it out of its misery.

Will there be a specific order to download other teams like there was for DBC14 in order to make sure they were the best and not overwriting each other?

You have a point, a very tenuous one, but now @BRAB , we both know that AFL Live 2 wasn't made by BA and wasn't a sequel, it was a Frankenstein game of outlandish proportions, a port of the Wii version, which was a port of the PSP version, which was a port of a mobile version - perhaps the greatest re-use of code ever seen but really someone should have killed it a lot earlier and put it out of its misery.

It must suck for Big Ant that they called it AFL Live 2. Heaps of people must have thought that it was made by you guys.

At least this alleged new one is called AFL Evolution so its disassociated from the Big Ant name.

i asked 3 pages back but if you get an answer then cool you are not on the ignore list lol
Its not about being on ignore list. People here asking a lot to Ross and team and I am sure its easier to miss your post then actually answer it. A person like Ross his account must be getting so many alerts and must be getting annoying. There is a very good chance he has shut off his alert notification. I raised this question here cause I saw Ross was online and in this part of thread.

It must suck for Big Ant that they called it AFL Live 2. Heaps of people must have thought that it was made by you guys.

At least this alleged new one is called AFL Evolution so its disassociated from the Big Ant name.

To be fair, it was a poor decision to have AFL Live 1 called just that as the older PS2 games were called AFL Live and made by IR Gurus, completely unaffiliated with Big Ant. But, you know who was at IR Gurus? A certain mate of ours Mike Fegan...

I talked up AFL Live 1 a lot to mates and many times they would say "oh but the previous games sucked so I won't waste my money on this" completely unaware that it was made by a different studio.

@BigAntStudios I know we are getting off topic from Bradman here, but I've always been curious if that was a BA or a TruBlu decision?

I think they = publishers Tru Blu.

Also, to be totally honest, AFL Live 2 is not too bad...for a 5 dollar mobile/iPad game. I've had a bit of fun with it from time to time. But to think it is PS3/360 quality is laughable. Ross's frankenstein analogy was very apt.

Are their anymore DBC 17 career mode videos coming out soon I am curious to see more following the world premiere. More gameplay would be awesome too

No matter how good or bad the graphics are it is the gameplay and features that contribute to the longevity of the game. And by the looks of it BA have nailed it this time.

Well, even if they get it 90% right we got guys like @francobaldo1 to fix things up.

Users who are viewing this thread