Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

You have a point, a very tenuous one, but now @BRAB , we both know that AFL Live 2 wasn't made by BA and wasn't a sequel, it was a Frankenstein game of outlandish proportions, a port of the Wii version, which was a port of the PSP version, which was a port of a mobile version - perhaps the greatest re-use of code ever seen but really someone should have killed it a lot earlier and put it out of its misery.

So Ross...when are you and the Big Ant team going to make another AFL game? ;)

Great to see we're almost off and running with DB17. Can't wait.

The 'world premier' really is a bit of a fizzer. I'm seriously hoping you guys have engaged a proper marketing person or company(digital, especially).

Anyway, I'm really pleased with what i saw on the career mode video. You guys have really nailed it I think, although (as I'm at work) I could only watch about 15 mins of it (up to when he bats). I was/am quite interested in the ability to change the batting order and the dynamic selection. Also, is there an ability to change your player type? eg. start out as a batsman and end up as an allrounder or vice versa, or start as a no 6 and end up opening.

I also had a few queries esp after the career video:

1. why do we have tv commentary for a club match? club matches are on the bradman oval type pitch with nothing but birds, cars and trees for ambience! lol (oh and a small crowd to clap).
2. Whats the diff between the XB1 version and the PC version? As I have an XB1, I'm tempted to just get this version but don't want to miss out on anything exclusive to the PC (mods, etc).

Great to see we're almost off and running with DB17. Can't wait.

The 'world premier' really is a bit of a fizzer. I'm seriously hoping you guys have engaged a proper marketing person or company(digital, especially).

Anyway, I'm really pleased with what i saw on the career mode video. You guys have really nailed it I think, although (as I'm at work) I could only watch about 15 mins of it (up to when he bats). I was/am quite interested in the ability to change the batting order and the dynamic selection. Also, is there an ability to change your player type? eg. start out as a batsman and end up as an allrounder or vice versa, or start as a no 6 and end up opening.

I also had a few queries esp after the career video:

1. why do we have tv commentary for a club match? club matches are on the bradman oval type pitch with nothing but birds, cars and trees for ambience! lol (oh and a small crowd to clap).
2. Whats the diff between the XB1 version and the PC version? As I have an XB1, I'm tempted to just get this version but don't want to miss out on anything exclusive to the PC (mods, etc).

1.) Options --> Audio --> Turn off commentary
2.) PC looks better as with every multiplatform game. You will not miss out on any logos, stadiums or players as they are cross platform. Any mods performed outside the game; ergo the fearsome tweak mod, will not be available. The Helicopter shot is only on the deluxe edition. One of these statements is false.

...dis-empowering that persons abilty to oversee the whole context.

Bang on target. In most of the rants, if not all, people are forgetting to see the big picture; a classic example of majoring on minor things.

Its not about being on ignore list. People here asking a lot to Ross and team and I am sure its easier to miss your post then actually answer it. A person like Ross his account must be getting so many alerts and must be getting annoying. There is a very good chance he has shut off his alert notification. I raised this question here cause I saw Ross was online and in this part of thread.

It's harder and harder to sort what's worth reading - with DBC14 I read every single post, different times and perhaps different attitudes.

We're trying to work out why the updates are so big-upsetting a lot of people on Net Caps so we will delay until it's sorted out - likely next Friday.[DOUBLEPOST=1477628418][/DOUBLEPOST]To answer a number of posts - Marketing of DBC17, including Box Art, is in the Tru Blu/HES domain.

1.) Options --> Audio --> Turn off commentary
2.) PC looks better as with every multiplatform game. You will not miss out on any logos, stadiums or players as they are cross platform. Any mods performed outside the game; ergo the fearsome tweak mod, will not be available. The Helicopter shot is only on the deluxe edition. One of these statements is false.

lol yeah I know about turning off the commentary but I shouldn't have to. Surely the devs could do it automatically (yeah i know I'm being pedantic but people pick up on this).

Might stick with the XB1 this time.

It's harder and harder to sort what's worth reading - with DBC14 I read every single post, different times and perhaps different attitudes.

We're trying to work out why the updates are so big-upsetting a lot of people on Net Caps so we will delay until it's sorted out - likely next Friday.[DOUBLEPOST=1477628418][/DOUBLEPOST]To answer a number of posts - Marketing of DBC17, including Box Art, is in the Tru Blu/HES domain.

And people are say they are not doing anything. How much freaking more will a company care for its customers? Ideas, peoples wishlist wasnt enough this freaking awesome team is now thinking about saving peoples data cap. I can wait a week for the update.

If you have a large update today can't you put it up for those who aren't cap restricted?

Going to apologise.
I am sorry to the following people

Ross & all Big ant staff members including Matt. Planet Cricket Admin & Staff.

Love the game really I do, still support BA have a funny way of showing it I know. Lately felt heartbroken, angry & distressed didn’t cope well at all with it, I’m sorry.
Can only ask you to find it in your hearts to forgive me. Just keep messing up it’s so frustrating. Do mean well. :(

Will remove my signature not to cause any friction or anything like that. Admin & Staff members isn’t my choice to make think he would be great at it working alongside the existing department.

Users who are viewing this thread