Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

Nit picks are fine - if a change is easy enough to do, even if it doesn't have huge consequences, it can get done. It's not a guarantee - but thinking of something as a small thing is by no means a reason not to post about it.

Indeed, if the only complaints people have are nit picks, then that's a good sign.

Hey Matt, couple of questions on the DBC 17 gameplay based on the videos seen from DBC 17 World Premiere...

1. What was the difficulty level of the gameplay used at World Premiere event? Was it 'PRO' or 'AMATEUR'?

2. The length indicator which pops up earlier in DBC 17 (thanks a ton @BigAntStudios !) is shown at the same time across all difficulty levels or does it vary? E.g., will the length indicator show up earlier on 'PRO' difficulty level and later on 'LEGEND' difficulty level?

Would appreciate it if you or someone else from Big Ant can answer these queries.

Does anyone think the run outs need to improve a little in terms of how quick the fielder takes the bails off after getting hold of the ball?
I can never run out a batsman or even get to a point where the third umpire has to get involved because when the fielder near the stump gets the ball, he takes ages to knock the bails off. Batsmen complete a run even when they are only half way through and the fielder near the stumps has the ball in his hand. By the time he takes the bails off, the batsman has reached the crease.

asdsdqweweq.jpg
I'm not judging or anything, but I do feel the interface or the layout of the scorecard and scoreboard looks a little unprofessional. I have suggestion. Obviously my layout won't be the prettiest. But I do feel you guys can work a little on that. Good design in the scorecard really helps to dig deep into the game. I really liked Ashes 09' mainly because of how the whole presentation looked. Thanks everyone. And big shout out to BA Studios for actually making a cricket game.

Edit: I did add a little contrast, vibrance and sharpness on the screenshots taken from gameplay video of twistie3

Now about the color depth I was talking about earlier when I said DBC17 looked a bit washed out...here is a color scheme comparison of how it is in Twistie's video and how I roughly like it to be...

Apart from the sharpening that has been badly accounted for the compression, I just increased the Vibrance 50%, increased the contrast 30% and decreased the brightness 20%.

View attachment 174784

What I can tell from this is, the actual video which I saw from Twistie looks a little bit blurry.

Maybe it's the part of the game or he didn't had maximum settings.

Might be a small thing; @MattW is it is possible to implement the count of boundaries to be mentioned in the scorecard?

I just managed to watch some DBC videos and if I'm brutally honest I prefer the DBC14 animations. I feel that batting wise it looks okay if it were for tailenders (Maybe its because I was watching a career mode and the batsmen will be less skilled and have worse animations?). It's not a major turn off though. I feel like I can get used to it.

I just now noticed that the non-striker reacts more realistically, i.e. does not turn back as soon as we hit the shot. Instead he calmly strides forward and then walks backward. It is all so smoothly done! Wonderful stuff BA :D

And for my last post for the night...I tried to add motion blur in the post for the DBC14 video I had done and wanted to share the comparison video here. Look how the slow moving objects are unaffected and the fast ones such as ball releases and fielder running across the screen have the realistic TV Motion blur, although if done natively it would be much better.

And incase anyone wanted to see the full video of the normal version,

I just managed to watch some DBC videos and if I'm brutally honest I prefer the DBC14 animations. I feel that batting wise it looks okay if it were for tailenders (Maybe its because I was watching a career mode and the batsmen will be less skilled and have worse animations?). It's not a major turn off though. I feel like I can get used to it.

I remember watching player v player for 14 and people playing stupid shots to the wrong balls etc and it just looks off!

Similar for this, it makes it look ugly but down to user Input.

One thing that I can say because I can see it, is I prefers the scorecards from 14. Minor thing which doesn't really affect me but just an opinion.

Bit like the box art looks cartoony and more arcade like.

But again to me, that's not remotely important to me.

I'd LOVE to see some human v AI gameplay!

I think it's worth noting that when the logos and kits are a little more modern and up to date it will enhance the look of it as well.

One thing I don't get at all and the boys at Big Ant know their cricket, so why do we get that weir finger wag from the umpire when it's a catch in the outfield. ;)

I just now noticed that the non-striker reacts more realistically, i.e. does not turn back as soon as we hit the shot. Instead he calmly strides forward and then walks backward. It is all so smoothly done! Wonderful stuff BA :D

And for my last post for the night...I tried to add motion blur in the post for the DBC14 video I had done and wanted to share the comparison video here. Look how the slow moving objects are unaffected and the fast ones such as ball releases and fielder running across the screen have the realistic TV Motion blur, although if done natively it would be much better.

And incase anyone wanted to see the full video of the normal version,

Mate @BigAntStudios should be asking you to make a trailer: Stunning work!

Users who are viewing this thread