Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

Thanks Matt and others for answering my questions about how test rankings system works. I was going to ask would it be possible for the CPU team trophy celebration cutscene to be shown if they win the series you are playing.

In DBC 14, the scene appears when you, the user wins however to my knowledge the cutscene will not appear if you lose the series and fail to win, it would still be nice to see the trophy presentation even if i lose.

Also do injury cutscenes now appear in game? This would be an awesome addition to the game. Thanks again for listening guys. You listened when I asked for more emblems and logos and a stadium creator.

Great, I must have missed it. Exactly how it should be.
I'm not so sure because the difficulty affects other aspects of the batting as well; for example the smaller timing window resulting in less consistently powerful shots, more edges and slower/lower scoring generally. There's also the lessened footwork assistance on higher difficulties.

I feel that having a seperate option for the timing of the indicator would be ideal, because then people have more choice and can play the game how they prefer - some may like the unforgiving nature of timing, footwork and shot selection from playing on Legend, but the premeditation was getting in the way of it being playable for them. Lowering the overall difficulty to get the indicator earlier could make the other aspects of the batting too easy for some people who only want that extra split second with the same gameplay.

I'm not so sure because the difficulty affects other aspects of the batting as well; for example the smaller timing window resulting in less consistently powerful shots, more edges and slower/lower scoring generally. There's also the lessened footwork assistance on higher difficulties.

I feel that having a seperate option for the timing of the indicator would be ideal, because then people have more choice and can play the game how they prefer - some may like the unforgiving nature of timing, footwork and shot selection from playing on Legend, but the premeditation was getting in the way of it being playable for them. Lowering the overall difficulty to get the indicator earlier could make the other aspects of the batting too easy for some people who only want that extra split second with the same gameplay.
That is a great idea. I would probably would have ended up with Overall difficulty being legend, but with the extra split second to view the length. Perhaps too late to c consider for Big Ant?

Either ways, the extra split second is definitely going to help.

Is it possible to increase the speed of the ball only when you are bowling? I.e. Keep the ball speed as it is when you are batting (not changing the speed at which the bowler bowls but the speed at which the ball actually moves in the game) but make it faster when you are bowling.

The only reason I would want this is to get the real feel of pace bowling. I would love to see the ball zip past the batsman's face when a bouncer is bowled at 140+ kph.

Matt, can you confirm that the bowling speeds indicator will show multiple numbers rather than the fixed 2-3 number DBC14 used to show?.

I have noticed several things in the following video:

1. The wicket at 15:15 is given out and when the appeal is made, it is the bowling side that is appealing.
This should have been the batsman making the appeal.

2. at 18:52, why is the fielder throwing the ball backwards to a fielder that is in the opposite direction?

3. At the end, the required runs shown are -3 off of 8 balls.

4. The wicket keeper and other fielders are diving needlessly on the field.

Reading other posts is overrated isn't it?

Most of the issues have already been directly addressed.

Someone watched an 18 minute video, carefully identifies problems with timestamps, and all he gets is sarcastic criticism? This is the type of careful critiquing that Big Ant wants/needs.

Believe it or not, people don't have time to read every post on here.

Someone watched an 18 minute video, carefully identifies problems with timestamps, and all he gets is sarcastic criticism? This is the type of careful critiquing that Big Ant wants/needs.

Believe it or not, people don't have time to read every post on here.

It does when pricks like me have to try and moderate this thread. I don't think it's too crazy to expect someone to at least read a couple of pages in the thread they're contributing to.

2. The throw was a user decision
3. Already fixed
4. Already addressed

2. The throw was a user decision

There are two problems with this:

a) the player should never, even accidentally, throw the ball backwards. I'm all for having a control scheme that takes some time to master, and players can make mistakes, but having the possibility of the user throwing the ball backwards would bring nothing but frustration, particularly for beginners. It's just something that never happens in cricket

b) EVEN if the player is allowed to throw backwards it's still a bug to have the animation of a throw towards the stumps and then the ball goes directly backwards.

It think even if the bowler appeals after the umpire give out for run out or stumping it should not go to the Big ant decision review system.

There are two problems with this:

a) the player should never, even accidentally, throw the ball backwards. I'm all for having a control scheme that takes some time to master, and players can make mistakes, but having the possibility of the user throwing the ball backwards would bring nothing but frustration, particularly for beginners. It's just something that never happens in cricket

b) EVEN if the player is allowed to throw backwards it's still a bug to have the animation of a throw towards the stumps and then the ball goes directly backwards.

100% agree on that

This game requires proper marketing so that more people would come to know of it .this not only increases its sales but also its fanbase around the world.

This game requires proper marketing so that more people would come to know of it .this not only increases its sales but also its fanbase around the world.

$$$$

Users who are viewing this thread