Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta Version 0.99.94c Download

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
* Full Opacity now available to the glasses

Thanks mikey. The only thing that did not feel perfect.

And thank you too ross. Will hopefully get some time to spend on it later this weekend.

Yak

School Cricketer
I have to say, I've wanted to be able to randomise the delivery type since I "mastered" the nets(read: could play shots with some success). A key feature of my bowling strategy in games is to change up my pace or direction of swing.

I'm at work at the moment, so I don't know exactly how this works; is it fully random, as in you might face a full pace ball followed by a leg break, or is it randomised by class, where you might face a range of pace and swing against a fast bowler, but won't face spin? Also, does the bowler change from over/around the wicket? Just curious, mainly. And excited to try it out when I get home.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just finished my first shift back at work since the knee injury, thanks for the update Ross! :)

Crossy333

County Cricketer
First time I hit the pirate... sounded like it says something about Ross... next delivery I was cleaned bowled because I lost focus due to laughter.

Great update! :thumbs

grkrama

National Board President
ross is there any easter eggs do be found, if you can confirm it will gladly go on the hunt

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Who did the pirate voice Ross? Fantastic update, love the pirate and the randomness of the nets.

Spin dips and bounces less, so it is impossible to play every ball off the back foot now, likewise, it is very difficult to play that leg side shot to pace every ball now, so it is a great update all up!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Who did the pirate voice Ross? Fantastic update, love the pirate and the randomness of the nets.

Spin dips and bounces less, so it is impossible to play every ball off the back foot now, likewise, it is very difficult to play that leg side shot to pace every ball now, so it is a great update all up!

Can you believe it was Captain Jimmy our sound guy! (Don't you just people that are too talented!)

----------

Originally Posted by Game of the year

Who do ye think y'are? Biggs?

:thumbs

Sorry I couldn't get what you proposed in... another time perhaps ;)

PS: I'll answer your PM when I have an answer from Tru Blu.

----------

First time I hit the pirate... sounded like it says something about Ross... next delivery I was cleaned bowled because I lost focus due to laughter.

Great update! :thumbs

Like the Simpsons episode with Homer's brother, they asked him to say the opposite of what he thought of me ;)

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Great update again Ross/Bigant. Its a lot harder than before, best so far is 39 with close view and only 18 with broadcast view. In the last update I was also good at broadcast view but in this view on legend it's super hard.:thumbs

PS Love the pirate Ross, if I can have a request for the next one please a Biggs model or maybe in the full game we can pick from a few different ones. Thumps up to the amazing team Bigant(Time for the trolls to show up now:eek:) or not.:rolleyes

Crossy333

County Cricketer
It feels harder and dare I say more 'real' as it punishes for poor shot choice. I've actually had to turn the HUD back on for a bit.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Just played a bit with the latest update and have to say....the randomization in speed and delivery really takes it up a notch!!!

Its not unplayable by any stretch of imagination on legendary level without any batting assistance (infact its much more fun without the batting hud assistance) and still playing off the backfoot is slightly easier than playing always on the frontfoot, but I am glad it works like that because thats how it is in real life, ie playing off the backfoot gives you that extra bit of time however it makes you susceptible to the swinging delivery....which in my opinion is perfectly implemented. It also shows that when bowling with pace you can keep pushing the batsman on the backfoot giving him a false sense of security that he is playing well and then bowl a sucker swinging delivery which has a higher chance of getting him out if he sticks to the backfoot. Awesome stuff!!!

I loved the changes made to spin bowling as well. If feels like you are playing spin now on sub-continent pitches (more like Sri Lanka :p). It just goes to show how different pitch conditions in this game would impact the way you play the 'same' delivery. The difference is HUGE!!!! What used to be ideal/late shots in previous versions is now an 'Early Miss'! My muscle memory is all over the place when playing spin with this latest update. Infact, seeing how realistically the change in conditions effect your gameplay (am assuming BigAnt changed the pitch type in nets for spin resulting in the mentioned changes) I think it would be a good idea to go into nets or match practice before every series/match in the game so that your muscle memory can adjust to the changes in conditions :p!

Overall....highly impressed with this update!:cheers

I'm at work at the moment, so I don't know exactly how this works; is it fully random, as in you might face a full pace ball followed by a leg break, or is it randomised by class, where you might face a range of pace and swing against a fast bowler, but won't face spin? Also, does the bowler change from over/around the wicket? Just curious, mainly. And excited to try it out when I get home.

You have the option to randomize Delivery type, speed, line & Length for the different 'Bowling Categories'. So if you choose the Fast Bowling Category, you would get random deliveries from a fast bowler only.

Yak

School Cricketer
You have the option to randomize Delivery type, speed, line & Length for the different 'Bowling Categories'. So if you choose the Fast Bowling Category, you would get random deliveries from a fast bowler only.

Awesome. Super keen. That is what I was hoping for. Thank you, Big Ant!

Users who are viewing this thread