Don Bradman Cricket in the Press

OMG I'm the new blocker!!

I'm moving right there, next to the helipad!

we were one-block down from the helipad. you gotta go to the thai restaurant further down the river path (walking away from the helipad) it's amazing! and the turkish restaurant/deli at south quay is the best place on the IOD

----------

I reckon I was on the Isle of Dogs before you blokes were born :)

i was born in 1980 - there can't have been much to do on the island before then? after the docks closed before the regeneration...

OK, I was close, you were six, I was there in 1986 onwards.

That was pretty much when it all kicked off, light rail, canary wharf, etc.. right before the crash of 1987 :)

Last edited:
'Hasn't it been a few eternities since we had a palatable cricket game' - like that caption being mentioned there in 'Hindu' magazine. Definitely, it's read nation wide.

Worth mentioning that Sam on IVG has mentioned that his review of the game based on the preview in India will go up on Friday - not sure if that's a general embargo date and we might see more from other sites.

Worth mentioning that Sam on IVG has mentioned that his review of the game based on the preview in India will go up on Friday - not sure if that's a general embargo date and we might see more from other sites.

Pretty surprised this hasn't been blown out of proportion yet, from what I quickly read through on that forum a few days ago he had been trying to get permission to post that for a little while. I'm not saying alarm bells are ringing in my head just yet, not going to speculate, but this seems interesting.

I hadn't seen this video before, it was published back in November last year. So just in case anyone else missed it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a vague recollection of watching it, but I'll never turn down the chance to see some DBC14 gameplay.

I like the manual appealing there, but it seems a bit odd that there wasn't a side on hotspot example.

Yeah didn't really get a chance to see whether the ball hit the bat or not. Looked like it didn't. It would be good if you could manually flick through the different replays for DRS - no ball, front hotspot, side hotspot, snicko, hawk eye, etc.

You could just see the ball change direction on the super slow mo, and there are side on angles as shown in that older video with the hot spot that BA released, seems like determining which angle to show would be a bit tricky to code, I dunno.

In the first review used by batsman in video it just checks no ball, inside edge with hot spot and gives out but no hawk eye to see if it is hitting stumps. Is it skipped by user playing the game?

In the first review used by batsman in video it just checks no ball, inside edge with hot spot and gives out but no hawk eye to see if it is hitting stumps. Is it skipped by user playing the game?

It wasn't given out LBW. It was caught.

I love how the camera angle makes it feel like your on the ground, and mixed with the crowd size I will probably crack under pressure.

I have a vague recollection of watching it, but I'll never turn down the chance to see some DBC14 gameplay.

I like the manual appealing there, but it seems a bit odd that there wasn't a side on hotspot example.

Yea that is what I think too, if we can rotate the camera while remaining in hot spot and view the side. Or an option to either see from front or side.

Users who are viewing this thread