Don Bradman Cricket in the Press

Yea that is what I think too, if we can rotate the camera while remaining in hot spot and view the side. Or an option to either see from front or side.

I'm not fussed about rotating the camera. I'd prefer to be the spectator, not the director. I just think it would make sense if one of, if not the main, default camera angles for hotspot would be from side on, where we are actually able to see the mark.

I hadn't seen this video before, it was published back in November last year. So just in case anyone else missed it too.

God it looks great, spin is going to be a bitch to play on legend against good spin. Warne vs England all over again I say.:thumbs

PS Looks like the hardest part of fast bowling is getting any pace from your bowler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the first time they touched the game, so I'll give me a pass on this one :p

Yeah like batting at the start, it takes time and effort on the higher difficulties. I can't wait to try the bowling, I thought I would never say that as I have always hated bowling in most cricket games but from what I have seen and read from MattW this is going to be different.:clap

Exactly, really sounds like we're going to have to work for it. In every other cricket game I just simulated through all the bowling, because every system was boring. I'm actually probably going to do my first career as a leg spinner, which is going to be crazy, I can't wait!

Exactly, really sounds like we're going to have to work for it. In every other cricket game I just simulated through all the bowling, because every system was boring. I'm actually probably going to do my first career as a leg spinner, which is going to be crazy, I can't wait!

A medium pace allrounder is going to be my first, batting first then bowling. Still not sure about the fielding but I will give it a go.

Even just having a different system between pace and spin bowling is a huge step forward - it'll be interesting how people who mostly play the career mode players can do online having to play with a team of both spin and pace bowling.

I certainly was able to pick up and play with the pace bowling controls, but I was awful at spin - so it's going to be hard to really well utilise spin bowling in the games. Which is great - most previous cricket games, you could open with a spinner and the AI would get confused and edge everything. This is the first time I think that they've achieved making bowling a challenge without it just being because you have a split second window to bowl a perfect ball and everything else gets smashed.

I wasn't a fan of the fielding from the brief time I had with it, maybe some people will like it, it certainly gives you far more control than most other cricket games have had in the field, but I'm not someone who wants that level of control - and think that the IC2010/AC09 catching focused fielding was the right balance for me of being semi-automatic, plus I liked the ring around the ball catching mechanic.

The difference between facing fast and spin in the nets is amazing Matt, I see the same level is in the bowling also. I agree with the fielding part, I saw few times a player run around in circles or go past the ball in the videos and that does put me off a little.

Maybe it will take time or is there a auto pick up for the ball if you are say under a metre from the ball.:spy

PS I am good against pace on legend but spin is a different story.:facepalm

Thanks for sharing this @MattW. However, although it's just your opinion, I disagree with the last paragraph. I took about 1 in 5 (or less) of my catches on AC09 and IC10, and easy catches to the keeper or slip were the hardest. I'm glad Big Ant don't use slow motion or quick time events (and not just because I am bad at them). I'm pretty sure this will be the first cricket game where I will actually use manual fielding.

I can imagine my attempted yorkers turning full toss!

Low full toss in the nets are a good ball unless it's slow, still what I like about the nets is even on legend a bad ball is easy to hit.

----------

Thanks for sharing this @MattW. However, although it's just your opinion, I disagree with the last paragraph. I took about 1 in 5 (or less) of my catches on AC09 and IC10, and easy catches to the keeper or slip were the hardest. I'm glad Big Ant don't use slow motion or quick time events (and not just because I am bad at them). I'm pretty sure this will be the first cricket game where I will actually use manual fielding.

For me it depends on how good the auto fielding is mate, if they drop to many or give to many runs away then having full control is a must.:spy

PS I would also love to see a huge difference between a good fielder and a bad fielder or different fielder, something Ashes 2013 that sounded good but they went a different way.:lol

I want to see bowlers like Johnson in the outfield and Clarke in the slips and you can see the difference in skills. For future games this area would be great to have there plus and minus for us to see, ashes 2013 done right.:thumbs

Speaking of slips, I loved the field for the fast bowler. Presuming this was a limited overs match (probably T20?) then having 5 slips and a short leg is an interesting strategy!

Walked past EB tonight and caught this :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 274

Users who are viewing this thread