Don Bradman Cricket in the Press

Completely odd really. I would've thought the tried and trusted "remove an equal percentage of highest and lowest scores and then find an average" would be the best way to go.

Perhaps they have some viewpoint on games fans voting etc?

Had a look though Aussie gameinformer mag today and read there DBC14 review.

They gave the game A for effort and said it's 50% better than any cricket game of the past. They did not like the steep learning curve and the bugs/problems but overall enjoyed it.

7.25/10.

I don't get decimal points in review scores. What is the difference between 7 and 7.25?

I don't get decimal points in review scores. What is the difference between 7 and 7.25?

I understand maybe .5's. There are a lot of games out there that might not deserve an 8 out of 10, but a 7 seems to sell it short. It sort've makes the score a score out of 20. Although the whole .25 thing seems over the top. 7.25 is effectively giving a game a score out of 1000.

Not sure how anyone is able to get that analytical.

A very in-depth points system... I have rated this game as 7,439,273,017,329 out of ten trillion.

Well I already answered my own question as those scores are just for written reviews.

The user reviews are almost as botched as the concept of review scores: If you hate it it's a 0 or 1 and if you love it it's 9 or 10. Anything in between and people aren't passionate enough to leave a review at all.

There's a games radio show in the UK that review games, the running joke being that every game is rated 7/10 after discussion. So you pay more attention to the words, rather than a silly number system.

I give Chiefs latest post a solid 6.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread