Don Bradman Cricket in the Press

Mobile Companion app that's great... I also think BigAntStudios needs to release a mobile based DBC....

Really interesting interview!

I've been pondering this. Have to say that, with my publisher hat on, I'm frowning.

Two interviews go out in a week: One site is syndicated worldwide (including, rare as this is, an Indian subsidiary), has 3m Twitter followers worldwide and a global audience much surpassing that.
No disrespect to Digitally Downloaded (I think it's a brilliant site), but it's not the one that I would have let have the exclusive announcement of the game.

I've been pondering this. Have to say that, with my publisher hat on, I'm frowning.

Two interviews go out in a week: One site is syndicated worldwide (including, rare as this is, an Indian subsidiary), has 3m Twitter followers worldwide and a global audience much surpassing that.
No disrespect to Digitally Downloaded (I think it's a brilliant site), but it's not the one that I would have let have the exclusive announcement of the game.

perhaps he just couldn't face having a release date/why isn't kohli on the box thread now when we're probably 15-18 months out...

The IGN interview was done before the world cup, we had no control over when it would come out, I predicted an Australian / New Zealand final prior to the start of the WC so it might seem in reading it that is more current than it actually was.

I was very tardy in getting the interview time with Digitally Downloaded and thought I owed them something.

We do not currently have a publisher for the sequel ;)

We do not currently have a publisher for the sequel ;)

Well that was kinda my point: I'm sure any publisher (including self-publishing!) would have been better off announcing it for maximum buzz at the best possible time...

A positive though: now that a sequel is confirmed I would think it might just be the extra thing that might put off anyone else considering entering the market.

Well that was kinda my point: I'm sure any publisher (including self-publishing!) would have been better off announcing it for maximum buzz at the best possible time...

A positive though: now that a sequel is confirmed I would think it might just be the extra thing that might put off anyone else considering entering the market.

Announcing that we've been in development isn't a huge deal from my point of view, but you might be on the right track with your second point ;)

Announcing that we've been in development isn't a huge deal from my point of view, but you might be on the right track with your second point ;)

Mmm not sure about that; have heard rumours of an Alistair Cook game being developed by Mikey F and Co; working title "Lets fearsome tweak Cricket Fans Again".....thats why they want Cook on the cover.....

perhaps he just couldn't face having a release date/why isn't kohli on the box thread now when we're probably 15-18 months out...

I am rather looking forward to someone asking whether he would need a controller to play the game...

I don`t know if anyone has already seen this but DBC got a mention on a tennis website where they are ranting about the lack of tennis games.

"The potential for any of the three leading tennis series on the new generation of consoles makes it even harder to swallow that none of the three companies 2K, EA or Sega are going to take the project on. Whilst smaller gaming companies can take on projects for more indie sports games, we have seen with the likes of Ashes 2013 that it is no easy feat.

On other other hand a little love and attention can go a long way, exemplified by Don Bradman Cricket 14. It plays like a game designed by people who love cricket and much of the presentation side of the game was open to customisation via an editor.

It is an approach that word work perfectly with a tennis game, with gameplay nailed by the expert programmers and the rosters of players could be worked on by the community. I have no doubt that within days the tennis community would have recreated the top 100 on both sides of the game."

No sign of Top Spin 5, where are tennis video games? - Lob and Smash

I don`t know if anyone has already seen this but DBC got a mention on a tennis website where they are ranting about the lack of tennis games.

"The potential for any of the three leading tennis series on the new generation of consoles makes it even harder to swallow that none of the three companies 2K, EA or Sega are going to take the project on. Whilst smaller gaming companies can take on projects for more indie sports games, we have seen with the likes of Ashes 2013 that it is no easy feat.

On other other hand a little love and attention can go a long way, exemplified by Don Bradman Cricket 14. It plays like a game designed by people who love cricket and much of the presentation side of the game was open to customisation via an editor.

It is an approach that word work perfectly with a tennis game, with gameplay nailed by the expert programmers and the rosters of players could be worked on by the community. I have no doubt that within days the tennis community would have recreated the top 100 on both sides of the game."

No sign of Top Spin 5, where are tennis video games? - Lob and Smash
I would be absolutely amazing if they do create a tennis game with the same Academy creator and concentrate on gameplay approach for this...Hope soon in the future Big Ant becomes the king of creators of sports games...

I would be absolutely amazing if they do create a tennis game with the same Academy creator and concentrate on gameplay approach for this...Hope soon in the future Big Ant becomes the king of creators of sports games...

I'd love to see a BA Tennis game. I think it would suit a very similar control system to DBC.

Users who are viewing this thread