Don Bradman Cricket in the Press

the last decent tennis game was tennis master series something by microids for ps i think remember playing 4 player in that with friends terrific fun, gameplay was solid for its time like blc for cricket i would say, tried virtua tennis at friends a few years ago but it was total arcade and button smashing though presentation was good and lot of mini games were there the core gameplay was arcadic and not immersive.
So count me in for BA planet tennis journey :yes

Can't beat Super Tennis on the Snes... ;)

Everyone else has been saying that for a year: it could have been in by now. :)

As have I, however we're using the resources we have on it for other elements of the game, we won't be implementing anything for this version of the game with regards to help/tutorials.

As have I, however we're using the resources we have on it for other elements of the game, we won't be implementing anything for this version of the game with regards to help/tutorials.
I think Chief has mentioned that it's difficult because of wanting to make late changes to controls - but I really like where a game gets the commentator to walk you through how to play. It was in Ashes 2009 but dropped from 2010 probably because of the issues relating to getting someone to do the record. EA Cricket 07 did a good job of it as well - with ongoing feedback in the nets for batting and bowling, one of the few things they did get right.

Other than that, for next time it would be good to produce some videos of the development team playing the game with the controller shown as a PIP - walking players through the things they can do in game. Would be a smart way of going about a more in depth preview of the game as well. Perhaps something to start doing with Lacrosse/RLL3.

For me, give feedback in the game and have comprehensive tutorial mode but don't let hand holding bleed into gameplay.

Have the batting partner give you feedback,crucially this should be even if you're not out. So if I play the spinner too early but don't get out, have my partner tell me to play later. But make sure it's not every ball. A quick word then a reminder if I keep doing it.

When I am out, cut scene of batsman walking off past partner and a quick "didn't play for the swing" / "got your feet wrong" etc.

For me, give feedback in the game and have comprehensive tutorial mode but don't let hand holding bleed into gameplay.

Have the batting partner give you feedback,crucially this should be even if you're not out. So if I play the spinner too early but don't get out, have my partner tell me to play later. But make sure it's not every ball. A quick word then a reminder if I keep doing it.

When I am out, cut scene of batsman walking off past partner and a quick "didn't play for the swing" / "got your feet wrong" etc.

Damn, that is such a good idea :) Also, as you are walking in to the middle, your batting partner (if well settled) can inform you of conditions regarding swing, spin etc as they do IRL at all levels of cricket.

Damn, that is such a good idea :) Also, as you are walking in to the middle, your batting partner (if well settled) can inform you of conditions regarding swing, spin etc as they do IRL at all levels of cricket.

Yes this should be in too.

I think when he said partner he was refering to his girlfriend
barmy said "partner(s)" which suggests he has more than one. [HASHTAG]#player[/HASHTAG]

I'm surprised there's a batsman in the batting lineup after you ;)

I tell the batsman in the middle that as I walk on...[DOUBLEPOST=1428342894][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think when he said partner he was refering to his girlfriend

Indeed. "Bending round corners" was a euphemism. As was "steep bounce". We have our own private language comprised entirely of cricket metaphors.

Users who are viewing this thread