Don Bradman Cricket in the Press

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Chief is currently holder of the post of the year award

It was a narrow winner from "Didn't quite carry" on. Or "Carrom On".

Some easy Sid James chuckles about Hattie Jacques: "She's just come in from Cow Corner". Etc.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I agree about how much more difficult slips and c&bs are compared to outfield catches. The not out to clear edge (unless you appeal) is meant to be a feature not a bug though ;)

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Pretty decent review.

I didn't really get their "lack of licensing" complaints: at the touch of a button you can snag all of it for free? Seeing as a review is customer-facing, you'd have thought they would have seen this: it's only the IP holder that is getting bitten by this and I wouldn't have thought it would mattered in a review?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I didn't really get their "lack of licensing" complaints: at the touch of a button you can snag all of it for free? Seeing as a review is customer-facing, you'd have thought they would have seen this: it's only the IP holder that is getting bitten by this and I wouldn't have thought it would mattered in a review?

They did mention updating the latest squads/players at the press of a button and said Konami can learn from Big Ant how to circumvent licensing issues. I think they were not happy with the visuals or how the players looked. Maybe they downloaded poorly created teams.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
They did mention updating the latest squads/players at the press of a button and said Konami can learn from Big Ant how to circumvent licensing issues. I think they were not happy with the visuals or how the players looked. Maybe they downloaded poorly created teams.

[HASHTAG]#chunnsterlives[/HASHTAG]

Chief

Panel of Selectors

They did *eventually*. But there was a whole paragraph early on about how the likenesses were poor and no licensing, which set a really negative mood. Later on they said how it was all fixed at the touch of a button.

I'm very dubious as to whether Konami would get away with the same trick: I'm sure that EA would unleash all four horseman of the licensing apocalypse on them if they tried the same thing.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
They did *eventually*. But there was a whole paragraph early on about how the likenesses were poor and no licensing, which set a really negative mood. Later on they said how it was all fixed at the touch of a button.

I'm very dubious as to whether Konami would get away with the same trick: I'm sure that EA would unleash all four horseman of the licensing apocalypse on them if they tried the same thing.

Konami wouldn't as football is a high profile sport with loads of money riding on licensing unlike cricket. I'm sure if Konami tries a similar mechanism, EA would go after them and force them to shut down the "shared players" server.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Users who are viewing this thread