Duncan Fletcher appointed as Indian Coach

I would've gone for Fleming. He already has exprience working with MS Dhoni. He's young, fit, and was an amazing captain.

Not happy with Fletcher.

I dread the day a coach with only IPL experience is put in charge of a national team. Even in terms of Twenty20, it just seems like a job that lacks causality. Most of the players that get a gig can already play pretty well and if they can't, you can always buy some new ones. Any long term vision is murky at best. Talent scouts and accountants would be way more important to success.

Whats the big deal with India getting foreign coaches these days i wonder?.

reminds of gavaskars comment, he wasnt happy with another foreign coach. i think india will be really tested in the next couple years as the old guard slowly but surely retires. dhonis captaincy will be tested and if they can come through a series win against england and manage one in australia, they will undoubtedly be one of the great modern sporting teams.

I am not much surprised by this decision, Kirsten recommended Fletcher and so it was expected that BCCI would select Fletcher.

But even I feel that Fleming would have been a good choice. Would love to know the views of people on Kapil Dev and Vengsarkar too!

Dev has issue with BCCI after that icl thing hence I don't think he would be made a coach and Dilip is ████.

Sorry but I imo hate him

There is no Indian coach who is fit to take over as coach of the national team. Sandeep Patil is one guy who can do well, but I guess he is not willing to take it up. Amarnath is just too old school. He once said in some interview (this was when he was in the list of names along with Greg Chappell) that he hates technology and doesnt like using it to improve the players. Such a guy wont work well in this era of technology.

The Anglo-Africans are turning out to be of the better coaches around. Whether or not Fletcher is the man for India however, remains to be seen.

They should have gone for Tom Moody; worked wonders with SL and India need little tinkering - Duncan may just try and alter the whole team ethos as that's his hallmark.

Fletcher is a reputed coach in the cricketing circle. So, he should do a good job for INDIA. But I would have liked to see a Indian Coach, why can't we have an Indian coach here. Can't Indian make good coaches?:noway

I think in a team settled as India, a change of coach won't change much. Plus, the coach's main job is man-management. It's the captain who decides all the tactical nous.

There is no Indian coach who is fit to take over as coach of the national team. Sandeep Patil is one guy who can do well, but I guess he is not willing to take it up. Amarnath is just too old school. He once said in some interview (this was when he was in the list of names along with Greg Chappell) that he hates technology and doesnt like using it to improve the players. Such a guy wont work well in this era of technology.

Wow, now thats a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread