India's coaching staff (Fletcher/Simmons) - Should they go?

^I totally agree. India are in a rebuilding phase. Already the big three have retired. Sehwag may also get axed soon enough. A good mixture of Experience and youth is absolute necessity to get any side through the rebuilding phase. Putting too many youngsters in the firing line will result in more humiliating losses. Dhoni should stay as captain for at least another year and then should hand over the test captaincy to someone younger. Indian fans should show patience. Their side is not at the peak and will produce more horrible result. Before asking for heads please have in mind their replacements.

Ganguly as coach might be an interesting idea. Ganguly has very good relations with Yuvraj, Sehwag who all came to the team under his captaincy and have a certain loyalty towards him. But Dhoni doesn't have that loyalty towards him, and it was also reported once (though most likely rumors) that Dhoni was part of ousting Ganguly from the Indian team for the ODI's, etc. In a country where camps/groups play a big part, having a captain who might not sync well with you can be disastrous.

But I am in favor of Ganguly as coach because he has that aggressive spirit and I want to see if he can back up what he speaks a lot in the media and in commentary. If Kohli is made captain, Ganguly and Kohli can be a super-hot combination, probably what India needs right now. Even if Gambhir is made captain, Ganguly might work well with him too. But I am not sure how Ganguly and Dhoni can work together as coach-captain.

I can't see how they could appoint Ganguly, when even before the first game is played, he has potentially divided the dressing room (as you've pointed out by his history with various players). Ganguly could only be appointed when Sehwag, Yuvraj and Dhoni have gone, otherwise he is just going to be bringing his personal bias into team selection and tactics.

I actually prefer local coaches as oppose to the foreign ones but in the case of India the present coaches may not be equip enough to handle a team under so much scrutiny from the media and the billion passionate followers. So a foreign coach is the only way, there was some talk going around concerning Desmond Haynes being the Indian coach about two years ago, think that's when Greg Chapell was handed the job, having Haynes may be good.

We need a head coach who can be responsible for the overall cricket structure including the Senior team, India A an India U-19.

We can have separate coaches for bowling and fielding. Also a bowling coach must be one who is experienced and has played enough matches or has a proven record. [unlike Mr Dawes]. Duncan really irritates nowadays. He himself is not fit and is just sitting on a fat=pay check which is meant for his old age. He has to go.

If Duncan has any idea what is happening to this team, he ought to step down right away. Too bad the BCCI is power-less or it is afraid of sacking big names.

Had it been a game of Cricket Coach or ICC ,Duncan would have been sacked long ago. Dunno, what the BCCI think tank is waiting for ? Possibly, after this series white0wash, he would be asked to quit.

I hear that Anil Kumble has been appointed chief mentor of Mumbai Indians. Definitely won't be a bad idea to appoint him as India's coach, even though he also has played with quite a few guys from the current team (more so in tests). If it was between Kumble and Ganguly, my vote OVERWHELMINGLY is with Anil Kumble. He is a perfect backroom guy, who can be aggressive when he needs to. And he is relentless. And he has always been very strogly committed to Indian cricket and has its best interests in mind. And a shrewd and more of a thinking guy.

Hope Anil is interested in, and can become India's coach.

People are throwing different names such as Gangully and Kumble. How about Stephan Fleming? I know he has refused to coach at international level but BCCI can try to approach him again. He seems the best fit because he is already working with Dhoni through CSK and also some other Indian players. But if he declines again then I think Gangully would be the best choice.

People are throwing different names such as Gangully and Kumble. How about Stephan Fleming? I know he has refused to coach at international level but BCCI can try to approach him again. He seems the best fit because he is already working with Dhoni through CSK and also some other Indian players. But if he declines again then I think Gangully would be the best choice.

I have been wanting Fleming for long now. Now, Shane Warne has suddenly sounded Fleming's name for Australia's coach replacing Arthur.

I think Fleming will be good to have for India. Lot of similarities with Gary and Wright. All three of them are left handed opening batsmen, all three of them are quiet, conservative back-room working guys. Fleming has been an excellent captain too for NZ.

What about the likes of Lalchand Rajput and Bharat Arun ? These two Indians have been quietly training the India A and India U-19 teams for quite some time now. I'd say,give them a chance. There is no compulsion to go in for a foreign coach only.

Users who are viewing this thread