Ea Fifa 2008

Got FIFA08 on PS3. Have slowly gone from not enjoying it to really loving it. Found it annoying at first, with things seemingly very biased to the CPU. But as I have got better I realise that it's just like how football needs to be played. To breakthrough you have to pass the ball carefully and build up good moves before scoring. Just moved onto World Class after winning most games on professional.

I'm in a Bristol City season, and played just the 2 games with professional. Played Plymouth who were bottom of the table, and struggled in the 1st half. They went 1-0 and 2-1 up, before a second half brilliance pulled it back for a late 3-2 victory away from home. And just now played Crystal Palace in the League Cup. Went 1-0 down, and playing pretty poor, giving away the ball far to often. But picked it up and got a goal thanks to a Phil Jevons strike. Held out tightly, both sides coming close, until I grabbed a winner in the 82nd min. Ball fell to Brooker (In because of resting my main team), and he picked it up with 40 yards to go. He took the ball inside te centre back and knocked in front of him. He had the pace to hold of the centre back and knocked it away from the full back trying to cover. Then as the goalie came out he knocked it past him and slotted it home. So a brilliant 2-1 result.

Overall, I am loving the game on World Class level and the graphics certainly make the game worth it, even if your gameplay style is Pro Evo. A fantastic game, and looking forward to playing online when I get a cable.

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:
You can score some great goals with finesse shots, on Thursday at my mates house I scored one with Rooney where I used the slow dribble facing goal (hold L2 and R2) made half a yard of space with a sidestep thing and then rifled a finesse shot into the top corner.
Very similar to this goal but from a bit further out and from the other side:
(I was at this game :) First game of the 06/07 season, seems ages ago now! What a goal, best one i've seen at the Ricoh)

I give my mate a good game and sometimes beat him, I don't play Fifa that much but I bloody enjoy it when I do, I need to get a console (basically just for this game) but i'm undecided on which to get, as the prices for each console are very similar now (40gb PS3 is actually cheaper than Xbox360 Elite...).

Dont get a console yet, get one once 09 is released so once then you have
GTA 4
MGS4

Believe me just wait for 09 and you will put your money where it deserves and besides if you have the cash now and save your money till september/october and then you will be able to have enough games to play for your PS3.

Believe me you cant just have 2 games or whatever you need 4+ to be able to get your money out of your PS3, assuming you get a PS3 as thats the best console.

Dont get a console yet, get one once 09 is released so once then you have
GTA 4
MGS4

Believe me just wait for 09 and you will put your money where it deserves and besides if you have the cash now and save your money till september/october and then you will be able to have enough games to play for your PS3.

Believe me you cant just have 2 games or whatever you need 4+ to be able to get your money out of your PS3, assuming you get a PS3 as thats the best console.

You mean as thats the best console ''IN YOUR OPINION''........funny I don't need 4+ games to have fun on my 360....

I don't need 4+ games to have fun on a PS3. I spent all my money buying it and I only have FIFA to play, but I bloody enjoy it. In good time I will buy more games, but you can deffo enjoy with just FIFA!

Edit: Chris Gayle

Just had another fantastic game in my Bristol City season. After my last league outing a 3-2 win against Plymouth, I had a home tie with Sheffield United, with myself on top with 20 points from 8 games (still unbeaten). Was a pretty poor game, with both sides having few chances, and a lot of possession wasting. Basso kept me in it with some fine saves, and I wasted a few chances in the 2nd half. Brooker broke through with a minute to go and made the keeper concede a corner. Whipped in the corner that was headed away, but only as far as one of my players (Dunno who). He took it on the outside of a defender and swung one in from the edge of the left side of the box. The ball went straight over two defenders head and Scott Murray tapped home into an open goal to snatch us a 1-0 victory. Bass won Man of the Match for 11 saves and keeping us in the agme.

Shows that just like in real life, you can play poorly and snatch a late goal. A truly quality game!

Just had another fantastic game in my Bristol City season. After my last league outing a 3-2 win against Plymouth, I had a home tie with Sheffield United, with myself on top with 20 points from 8 games (still unbeaten). Was a pretty poor game, with both sides having few chances, and a lot of possession wasting. Basso kept me in it with some fine saves, and I wasted a few chances in the 2nd half. Brooker broke through with a minute to go and made the keeper concede a corner. Whipped in the corner that was headed away, but only as far as one of my players (Dunno who). He took it on the outside of a defender and swung one in from the edge of the left side of the box. The ball went straight over two defenders head and Scott Murray tapped home into an open goal to snatch us a 1-0 victory. Bass won Man of the Match for 11 saves and keeping us in the agme.

Shows that just like in real life, you can play poorly and snatch a late goal. A truly quality game!

You get heaps of luck only luck i had (since being promoted) i was down 0-1 and i went 3-4-3 and attack attack attack as my team mentality and got a goal in 72th minute to make it 1-1 and then 79th minute i scored 2-1 and it really could have been 3-1 when in 90th i had one on one with the keeper but unfortunetly missed.

And the next game after that i was dominating whole game and they scored 55th minute goal but i just couldnt get that goal no matter how many chances(there goal was a scorcher from outside the box).

I play with MK Dons in the second last division i think its called Coco cola championship, i got promoted since being in the last division.

Q.] Why did i choose MK DONS?
A.] You get a lot of satisfaction from getting a team from here to there(in a positive way not a mclaren way).

The last division for England on the Game is Coca Cola League 2. The order of league's in England are:

Barclay's Premiership
Coca Cola Championship
Coca Cola League 1
Coca Cola League 2

So you must have been promoted twice or your in League 1.

Bristol City vs Hull [H][Championship]
1st vs 9th

A good 2-1 win. Scored with my only shot of the 1st half, Lee Trundle tapping home a low Showumni cross. They had lots of possesion but my defence was too strong, and although I kept giving the ball away they had little chances. Went in at half time with 1 shot, 1 goal and only 44% of posession. Second half was much better, in which I had more shots and managed to get a goal after Showumni grabbed a corner from a 1-on-1, then Marvin Elliot headed it home. They troubled me with many dangers crosses and finally our resistance broke, a soft header that trickled across the line with 13 mins to go. But we held on and stay top of the pile by 5 points!

Well, it IS technically the better console (more powerful, less noise, has blu-ray etc.) but Xbox 360 has the better online play.
I think I have decided to get a PS3, because it actually now seems the better option in terms of price as well as quality.
From Ebuyer:
Xbox 360 Elite Console - HDMI - 120gb Hard Drive - Black = ?294.99
Sony Playstation 3 PS3 Console - 40GB HDD Model = ?289.75

Also, with a 360 on top of the console you need to get Xbox Live membership and you might need a load of other accessories while the PS3 already comes as a full package.
I know that the Xbox360 Elite has 80gb more space, but who uses up even 20gb in save games? Nobody really, so that doesn't really mean much.
All that Xbox360 owners fall back on is online play, and a few online features do not make a console better than another one which still has online play but just not as many features. Online play is to play games over the internet with other people, this seems to work fine from what I have heard from people so it seems good enough to me.

?15 extra for 80gb seems a fair deal to me. Anyway yeah PS3 has its free online and all too bad its crap, I'd even pay ?100 a year to get quality online service and yeah its just to play games but theres certain features which do come in handy hell load with the 360.

For example how would you feel having to quit out of a game just to read someones message?......Thats what PS3 offers...

It's all up to personal opinion, and Madman is going with a PS3. There's no need to go over and over the same points arguing that Xbox is better when everyone has different opinions.

To be honest all I care about is playing games, whether it's online or not online. So having to quit a game to read messages wouldn't concern me, as I wouldn't want to read an messages anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread