Ea Fifa 2008

You can score some great goals with finesse shots, on Thursday at my mates house I scored one with Rooney where I used the slow dribble facing goal (hold L2 and R2) made half a yard of space with a sidestep thing and then rifled a finesse shot into the top corner.
Very similar to this goal but from a bit further out and from the other side:
(I was at this game :) First game of the 06/07 season, seems ages ago now! What a goal, best one i've seen at the Ricoh)

I give my mate a good game and sometimes beat him, I don't play Fifa that much but I bloody enjoy it when I do, I need to get a console (basically just for this game) but i'm undecided on which to get, as the prices for each console are very similar now (40gb PS3 is actually cheaper than Xbox360 Elite...).

i always use finesse shot. i've never scored outside the box and against my cousin he scored from the halfway line lol, i was shocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Chris Gayle

...80 useless gigabytes, save games and settings files etc are usually very small, how many would be needed to fill it up even 10gb? It's not like i will be using it to store movies/music/whatever because other devices I have are for that.

You take gaming a bit too seriously if you would pay ?100 a year just so you can get a few features like being able to recieve messages in games :rolleyes: PC + MSN + Xfire = Enough communication for me, and if the PC is next to the PS3 or if I get a laptop then I will be able to use both at the same time anyway (not literally the exact same time :p).
Anyway, which had the server problems over the Christmas months? Xbox 360, not PS3 :rolleyes:.

I use the finesse shot most of the time, it looks great in terms of the flight of the ball and the animation.
It is possible to score from quite far out with them but they need to be very well placed and at the right height, because finesse shots have lower power, most finesse shots that are low or about middle height will be easily reached by the keeper, they need to be just under the bar from finesse shots outside the box. In 1-on-1 situations a finesse shot with a slight tap on the shot button works very well for me.

Only had server problems because no one botered using PSN lol. No I don't take it seriously it just bugs me when people don't add in 'IMO' and act as if it is the best console without a doubt...plus GB space gets taken up very very quickly get on a 360 and find out ;)

This isn't the thread to discuss PS3 v Xbox 360. But PS3 is the better console ''IMO'' apart from online features, hard drive and a few other minor things, I think anyone who denies that is being a stupid fanboy or kidding themselves because they have a 360 ''IMO''
A lot of people use PSN... I don't think it has had any problems like what Live did over Christmas, and it's a free service...
I don't think space on the hard drive would be taken up that much by save games, i've never heard anyone complain that 40gb storage space has been used up purely from save games and setting files...

These posts are my opinion, sorry about not saying "IMO" :p.

Theres a good boy....

Well for the 1st time I was hammered on FIFA:

vs Wolves [H][Championship]
1st vs 2nd

After a draw against West Brom (1-1) I had to play Wolves who were in 2nd place, but 4 points behind us. For the 1st time I actually was outplayed and ahd trouble defending. They scored 3 inside the 1st half, all from headers. I brought on McCombe for my skipper to add a bit more height at the back. But after the break they scored again, and again a header from a cross. They made it 5-0 with 15 or so minutes to go, for the first time with their feet, chipping it over the Basso in goal. I pulled a consolation goal back with 10 mins to go, but it was all too late. For the first 80 mins the luck went against me as I couldn't score for love nor money, which was a change from the luck going with me. First loss of the season, and it shows how realistic the game is with 2nd place the side to beat me.

Bristol City 1-5 Wolves

Edit: Chris Gayle

lol if it means that much to you :p I already said
"These posts are my opinion, sorry about not saying "IMO" :p."

I don't see how anyone can doubt that PS3 is better apart from a few things like online play and the hard drive though, it IS simply being biased towards what you have, what's the point in that? You should see the faults in something you have as well as what it is good at...

The AI is very difficult to beat on higher levels, I was 3-0 down to Arsenal (as Man Utd) in 40 minutes when my mate told me to try World Class. Probably because I suck at it though :p.

I see the faults in 360 but PS3 is by no means the better console, how is it the better console? What does it have that 360 doesnt and don't just say blu-ray pleeeease. Also didn't the 360 have a stronger graphics card and stuff?

Sorry to rant on but an article I read a while ago mentioned the reason PS3 has no created from scratch games is because apparently programing games for PS3 is much harder than it is for 360, so what more does it have? Crappy games and blue-ray?

If your going to reply to this quote it in the 360vsPS3 thread ;)

The AI is very difficult to beat on higher levels, I was 3-0 down to Arsenal (as Man Utd) in 40 minutes when my mate told me to try World Class. Probably because I suck at it though :p.

Well after 6 games playing on world class level I have 3 wins, a draw and a loss. And the draw and loss coming in my last 2 games against WBA and Wolves, two quality sides. The key to winning is pass carefully and use a slow build up. You may loose the ball often but you will get clear cut chances quite a few times from crosses and ground shots.

I will but i dont normally play online as you can feel the lag even though you can see it.

Overall it just feels really unresponsive but online it is okay. Ill play you though?

I didn't actually see this message until now. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread