Ea Fifa 2008

Some of the Arsenal players looked Chinese.

The Frank Lampard cross in the first vid is an example of what I about about Fifa. The crap ball physics. How long was the ball in the air? It looks like it plays just like Fifa 07 especially, the dribbling.

I have to admit that some parts are quite good in that. But the keeper didn't even reach to the Drogba header, just ran past it. Those sorts of bugs are always in Fifa and are very annoying.
How bad are the player likenesses at the start?! lol.
The tricks in the second video are just for show, in a match most of them would be useless. People buy the game because of these silly useless tricks saying stuff like "haha i can skin u silly wid the ronaldinho trick innit tht will b teh pwnage fifa pisses on pes coz pes has less tricks blud". :p.

It's Fifa 07 in disguise with a few extras and a few tweaks.

I think your wrong there, this years trick systems ment to be different, plus how do you know you havn't played it?...so they say. As far as goalies being zombies I've seen that in PES6 % PES5, just the other day on PES6 did some scuffed volly with Rooney from outside the box, it had no power on it the keeper just stood there and watched it go in. This was on Professional!

Also in real life the ball does float in the air for sometime.....at times. It doesnt always go at 100 miles per hour.

Plus Madman I know there are some noobs who will be like that about the tricks and all that, but then again theres many sensible people on the internet to play with to!

I think this will be a good installment, and personally for me I reckon I'll enjoy both PES and FIFA this year!

:)

Last edited:
I cant wait for this game to come!! it's out a day after my birthday here. :) :)

I think EA have done a good job, it feels like a proper game of football now I mean you really have to build your play up and use the whole pitch, no more defender>midfielder>striker>goal, it's changed a great deal.

The gameplay feels slow overall but then it has its moments where it gets into a quicker pace and EA have finally captured the feeling of scoring a goal one of the reasons for this is because it's a much much harder game now. It's set on Semi-Pro but it feels as hard as ever so scoring a goal is just as pleasurable as it is in PES!

The ball physics seem to be pretty darn good to, sometimes when you shoot from outside the box it doesnt always sky rocket it bounces at pace like we see in real life, I can't wait to get my hands on the full game!

EA delayed the europe demo, but released US and other countries, but theres ways of getting your hands on it!

I'm not as much of a fan, I'll still buy it but i didnt really enjoy the game too much. The shooting is poor imo, the ball always seems to swerve a hell of alot and its quite annoying. The trick moves are fun but pretty ineffective in the match themselves. Its good enough to buy and its definetly an improvement on Fifa 07. One bug i did see though, Crespo is bald and black :S

Those videos make me laugh. I can't believe some people actually think there's a difference from 2007. Right at the start of this thread I said it was actually FIFA 2007.5 and i'm completely right. That game is exactly the same as the last one. The ball physics are poor, the faces are poor, the kits are poor and the ball physics - even though i've already mentioned it - are absolutely disgraceful. It's just not football.

Crespo is bald and black :S

LOL! Realistic eh?

Hmmm, I will wait untill my dumb mate buys it and I will see how good it is (He loves FIFA, I love PES). Then I will decide...

Those videos make me laugh. I can't believe some people actually think there's a difference from 2007. Right at the start of this thread I said it was actually FIFA 2007.5 and i'm completely right. That game is exactly the same as the last one. The ball physics are poor, the faces are poor, the kits are poor and the ball physics - even though i've already mentioned it - are absolutely disgraceful. It's just not football.

Sheesh Matt, at least play it videos can't make you judge. I think 07 on both gen's was poor but this one seems much of an iprovment and of course it wont be top of the range because its still early days just because it's called 08 doesnt mean it's the 8th one on the next-gen it's only the second version and there going in the right direction. You have to build your play up so when you get it shot in it feels just like real life.

As for the ball swerving too much I don't think it swerves enough, when you lump a ball from far it usually swerves a lot (unless you can't kick and you toe poke!)

It's like Marmite FIFA is.

Yeah Punk with all due respect, the very first ISS had proper build up play and Konami have improved on it since.

No I ment even in PES6 I find I can start with Rio to Ronaldo to Rooney....and then thats when it gets hard :D

But I know what you mean ISS & PES (dunno if their the same thing) had build up play, but I ment that finally FIFA have come to terms with build up play because in the current gen ones it was 3 passes>goal and thankfully there won't be non of that this time around!

I reckon in comparison PES might win it because it always turns out to be more enjoyable than FIFA by a mile, I just hope this year both will be as enjoyable as the other!

in .. 1 day nothing
2 days Pakistan VS India Final
3 days nothing
4 days my brithday
5 days FIFA 08 :)

If you're not a fan of the Fifa demo, think it's too slow paced and boring, switch the camera to "Pro". It is amazing. You have a perfect view of the pitch when attacking, you can truely appreciate the AI of the computer controlled players, with the runs they make. Also, the gameplay speed is increased to make it more exciting, i am honestly excited about getting the full game. Might pre-order today :D

Yeah i know jeez I can't wait, i'll post my review when i get it :).

Users who are viewing this thread