Ea Fifa 2008

I didn't mean that the graphics looked the same, I mean the gameplay looks the same.
No I am not a fanboy because if Fifa was good then I would get it. PES isn't a new engine, but at least in adding to and perfecting theirs, they have a great soccer game which resembles real football.

I have played Fifa 07 and UCL 06/07 demos on Xbox 360 and the gameplay is just as crap as Fifa 07 on PS2, and very similar in a lot of ways. Ok fair enough the graphics are quite decent but they are not that important to me.

Fifa is good for it's own seperate reasons... How? It has hardly anything in its gameplay over PES and gameplay is the most important aspect of a football game.

Oh and also, EA shouldn't only be concentrating on next-gen, they should care about last gen as well, but they just churn out another lump of crap for its PC and PS2 versions ONLY to make more money.

Yeah I have it in for EA and Fifa, they have been working with that same engine for long enough to know it sucks, surely, yet they do hardly anything to it year after year and charge us £30 or more for it. It's unfair and lazy.

I just laugh at the stupidity of people who play the game in it's current state when there is a much better option available in PES. I suppose it is only their own loss which makes it even more laughable...

Some good points that even I can agree, but sure they should concentrate on current gen aswell as next, but in my eyes next-gens....the big thing now with all the new options and stuff.

I can agree with you about FIFA07 sucking but I think you might be wrong about the gameplay as far as this years concernd, it definatly doesnt look like FIFA07 PS2. Obviously current-gen PES beats current-gen FIFA hands down and especially this year with PES apparently getting next-genish gfx for PC it'll be a mile ahead.

Anyway I think FIFA has some good attraction's PES doesnt and vice versa, and I think your last paragraph is where you got it wrong, it's a matter of opinion you either prefer one to the other or you enjoy the best of both worlds (as far as next-gen goes) I also think that EA and FIFA have the a good base which if they do it right could outpace PES with ease.

Lol I remember when you were in love with FIFA....

Last edited:
lol that was only because I hadn't owned another Fifa game since Fifa 2004 and only played 05 and 06 at mates houses a few times so I wanted one with the "new" engine for myself, fair enough, I enjoyed it for about 3-4 weeks but that is all the life it had for me.
I know Fifa has things PES doesn't, like extra leagues, slightly better online system, more modes and tournaments but they should not really be the things which sways peoples decision on which game to get and anyone who does get persuaded purely by that I think is a bit silly.

I might have seemed to turn into a PES fanboy recently but I have seen gameplay footage of both and Fifa dissapoints me and PES (after a while of being dissapointed) has impressed me a lot. It's not like I have made this up without anything to base it on.
Next year, if Fifa looks better then I will buy that, but for me PES 2008 wins this years contest hands down...

I can see your point but you can't really say which is better without playing, remember looks can be deciving ;)

Also yes the people who are taken to FIFA just because of the licences and all that are silly but there are more than many people that play it for different reasons, I particularly find Manager Mode to be a handful of fun. Plus both games cant have the same gameplay and style so I guess it comes to your preferance.

I can see your point but you can't really say which is better without playing, remember looks can be deciving ;)

Also yes the people who are taken to FIFA just because of the licences and all that are silly but there are more than many people that play it for different reasons, I particularly find Manager Mode to be a handful of fun. Plus both games cant have the same gameplay and style so I guess it comes to your preferance.

Thats the only reason why I played Fifa 07 for about a month.

Because FIFA Manager Mode> PES Master League. Its not even funny at how crap the Master League is!

Master League isnt crap. If you play it properly its really really good, its just when you play with loads of money from the start and play as Barcelona on 3* that it gets crap. Master League is a very enjoyable game mode imo.

As for Fifa looking all style, the next gen graphics engine for the 360 version was shocking. The faces were poor, the whole thing looked too shiny, the pitches looked very nice though. If EA get the player faces right, and remove the pointless shinyness and improve the gameplay, Fifa will be a decent competitor on the market. If they just change the squads and update other stuff it will be another crap filled game. I have high hopes though.

All's I'm saying is I think the 360 FIFA08 is going to be promising, and I've been playing ML since PES1 came out on PS2 and ever since Manager Mode came out I've enjoyed that more but the only thing that let it down was the poor gameplay.

I still reckon this version looks awsome, heres a few videso found and posted by AV Forum members (told you to check that forum out they find ton of vids!)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24562.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24564.html

I can't be asked to find the rest so yh here you go lol...

I watched the first video. Nice stuff. One thing I noticed is that the goalie hardly moved when the ball was coming at them. Maybe that is what the mean by shoot and score.

I will still get this game though. I have Fifa 06 which is fun to play with friends and stuff but the main reason I am getting this is because the addition of the A-League. I think most Australians will do the same as me and purchase Fifa 08. That is the main reason I am getting and I am tired of playing 06 anyway.

Its poor, im addicted to FIFA's manager mode on 07, cant wait for 2008,

I keep telling myself that PES is better, but is it?

Those videos are awsum, buying it for sure!!!

See you just need to give games a chance and I reckon it's time this stupidity of which games better stop's because whats the point of personal opinion if it doesnt count and people still say ones better than the other?

Now lets hope the demo lives up to it, it's out on the 13th for the 360/PS3 btw!

Me buying this bad boy for sure :p

^Lol!!!

I aint gonna buy this. I had Fifa 06 and it was good - until I bought PES5:p Now, I will get this game for sure - I just won't buy it;)

Users who are viewing this thread