Editing International Cricket Captain (General Thread)

Can you detail the steps you took to achieve the result posted?

I run International Cricket Captain 2009... load the game, load the editor and then type in Sachin's DOB but it says it won't load or has experienced an error or something. Decided that was odd... so tried it on ICC 08 and also doesn't work =/.

I run International Cricket Captain 2009... load the game, load the editor and then type in Sachin's DOB but it says it won't load or has experienced an error or something. Decided that was odd... so tried it on ICC 08 and also doesn't work =/.

I get the same problem.

you don't type the DOB in, you navigate to the player's player profile, then click the load button and it automatically generates all the data.

Does the coach/physio and the finances work?

you don't type the DOB in, you navigate to the player's player profile, then click the load button and it automatically generates all the data.

Does the coach/physio and the finances work?

The default DOB is 15th Oct. 1981... so but yer still doesn't work.

Coach/physio still doesn't work for me.

I think it would be useful to code a simple step-by-step user guide into the editor. About half of this thread seems to be posts by people who can't get it to work.

If I have some spare time, I'll see if I can do that today.

IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS !!! I had to just update the version, CBF before seeing as I was disheartened at not being able to edit.

So... weet, do you want me to get on my knees or what? LOL TY TY TY... ILY <3333.

Guys if you have version 9.06, the editor will not work... update it to 9.13 and IT WILL WORK !!!

^ If ICC won't give me the Sheffield Shield comp. then hey I'll create my own Aussie squad in the Yorkshire team (Boycott will probably boycott watching Yorkshire games now lol ###.) Kolpaks ftw... if only we could have Pakistani/Indian/West Indian Kolpaks... then it would be awesome.

Also the coach/physio works... http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/487/physio.jpg

The budget thing works too <3 http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4606/budget.jpg

Not too sure... how the form thing works but it doesn't seem to work (don't care that much)... fielding (again don't care that much either) doesn't work as you've stated on the editor.

Again weet, you're a LEGEND !!! ILY ILY ILY... ty so much !!! I just don't get why the ICC won't just implement a bloody editor anyways... yer it was fun playing ICC normally for a few years but ever since the ICC 08 editor came out, I've just gotten addicted to rushing in Aussie Kolpak players into my Yorkshire team... all my local favs. like Pomers, Marsh, Voges, Magoffin... ALL PART OF THE MIGHTY WESTERN WARRIORS !!! but yer... it would be sweet if someone could tamper around and create Pakistan/Sri Lankan/Indian/Bangladeshi Kolapaks... they always have good spinners lol and being Asian myself - I'm somewhat bias to Asians lol #.

Also TY so much for making me not type in the DOB... it makes editing so much easier... man weet you've made my WEEK !!! TY TY TY <3333.

Last edited:
Haha I'm glad it works for you now Mr. A... Yeah - I only tested it on version 9.13 so I guess everyone should make sure they install the update. Don't thank me - Fe did most of the coding for the editor (he's got some serious skills).

I agree that it would be cool to get Asian kolpaks, but unfortunately that stuff is sort of hard-coded into the game. Our editing method is pretty simple and so can't create things like that. Maybe one day, someone will try to make a save-game editor (which would be pretty difficult I think).

- - - - -
Now that the editor has most of the basic features we want, is anyone interested in updates to the scout? I think it would be useful if we could filter the search results. For example, I like using the scout at the end of the season when looking at players to sign - so it would be nice to compare only out-of-contract players. Or it might be nice to filter foreign or English /kolpak players separately?

Yea, Fe did most of the hard work in the first edition of the editor, but I have to say that the work you've done weetabixharry in adding the coding for the coach and physio and finances is really great.

With the scout, a filtering option would be rather handy. Also, it doesn't take every single player into account as I have found occasionally that players are not to be found in the scout. You'd need to ask Fe for the source code for the scout first though. Also the team list is not complete, I wrote a complete list of what number represents what domestic team in the other thread (Player Editing Tutorial), so you could grab that and implement it in the scout.

Here's the source code for the scout.

@ Chewie: Because of the way I've done the memory reading some players don't show up. I can't explain it too well, but I know the problem - I think I mentioned it last year in the thread. Maybe someone (harry?) could come up with a better (and faster) way of reading all the players' info at once - which was the point of the scout and then adding features like filters and stuff.

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Scout.rar
    104.7 KB · Views: 145
How do I get the editor to work, I've downloaded it but what program do I open it with?

the editor is an .exe file...unless you haven't unrared it. Then use winrar or something else that can unrar.

Haha I'm glad it works for you now Mr. A... Yeah - I only tested it on version 9.13 so I guess everyone should make sure they install the update. Don't thank me - Fe did most of the coding for the editor (he's got some serious skills).

I agree that it would be cool to get Asian kolpaks, but unfortunately that stuff is sort of hard-coded into the game. Our editing method is pretty simple and so can't create things like that. Maybe one day, someone will try to make a save-game editor (which would be pretty difficult I think).

- - - - -
Now that the editor has most of the basic features we want, is anyone interested in updates to the scout? I think it would be useful if we could filter the search results. For example, I like using the scout at the end of the season when looking at players to sign - so it would be nice to compare only out-of-contract players. Or it might be nice to filter foreign or English /kolpak players separately?

I have version 9.13 but the editor doesn't work for me. Any ideas?
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8314/icceditor.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread