Editor for Cricket Captain 2020 (Release)

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Thanks @weetabixharry this is excellent. I used to use a thing called Magpie to edit a really old version of ICC (about 2000 or so) but this is the first one I've used since then. One thing I've noticed is that if you edit a player's career statistics, they will only show up in the game if the player who you edited already had stats in that game type previously. For example, if a player had not bowled in One Day cricket and you type in balls bowled, maidens etc. then click apply, the player will still not have any stats in that area when you go back to ICC.

Not a major one, but would be nice if this could be changed. I'm using the editor to put my Sunday league team into the game to see how we would fare in the County Championship!

Interesting - I hadn't noticed that. I'll look into it.

faizangmc

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Some other general progress (in response to various requests):

I have figured out how to change the opponent's bowler during the match. It seems very safe and stable (unlikely to cause crashes ... unless maybe if you change in the middle of an over?). I can't think of a neat way to add it to the editor yet. I'll probably add it to the Selection Editor (since that already shows the opponent's team).

I'm also trying to see if I can change weather conditions and pitch conditions during the match. I can change the ball condition (i.e. its age in overs), but no luck yet with weather or pitch.

I think I can now edit international squad selections. I think there will eventually be 2 ways to do this:
  1. Edit any international squad listed in the Internationals -> Team Info screen in Cricket Captain (before proceeding to the match).
  2. Edit your opponent's squad (and selected XI team) at the coin toss, via the Selection Editor.

Hi, I used to create editors for previous editions of the game from 2013 onwards.

Some nice work here. About the pitch and weather conditions, yes you can change it. I was once experimenting through the memory locations and seem to find an address for the outfield. I changed to some random high value and behold every shot was a four or a six regardless of the shot strength or players involved. So yeah, its definitely possible. I hope you are able to find the address of it.

KentLad

School Cricketer
Not necessarily one for the editor but does anyone know if it's possible to edit the logos of the teams? I can't see any obvious PNG or JPG file types within the installation but it would be nice if this was possible - especially seeing as you can change the name of your team/country now.

tazzron

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Does anyone know if there is an editor for mac?

Having looked around quite extensively, I don't believe one exists. Though would love to be proved wrong!

ZAIEM MAHMOOD

School Cricketer
Hi
Been playing this game for ages, but this is the first time i have heard about an editor for this game, sadly i only have a mac now, and cannot use it

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Not necessarily one for the editor but does anyone know if it's possible to edit the logos of the teams? I can't see any obvious PNG or JPG file types within the installation but it would be nice if this was possible - especially seeing as you can change the name of your team/country now.

I don't know of any way. There are some .bmp files and a bunch of other stuff in "Assets.bin" in the installation directory, but that's password protected, so it's probably not a good idea to try poking around with it too much.

I can imagine finding a way to swap logos among those already available in the game. Adding your own custom logo would probably be very difficult. (Unless someone else knows something I don't).

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Does anyone know if there is an editor for mac?

Hi
Been playing this game for ages, but this is the first time i have heard about an editor for this game, sadly i only have a mac now, and cannot use it

Personally, I would install Windows as the primary OS and just get rid of the macOS. If that's not an option, then the easiest solution I can think of would be to install VirtualBox and run Windows in a virtual machine.

Or, if you just want to do a few edits, then you could borrow someone else's PC, then copy the savegame to your mac (or save to Dropbox).

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Is there any way to possibly do this:

For lets say a tournamant match with All Time Greats. I pick the team for both myself and the AI. However, I can set my own line-up for a match, but not for the AI.

Is there any way you are able to set the line-up for the AI for the match?

I believe you can set the squads and the lineup for both but only play as one of the teams. :)

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I remember you couldn't do that in the previous games, I was able to do that in this version. I want to try and run a cricket league using this game

Lenix43

School Cricketer
Bit of a shout out for this editor and a thank you. I've found two main uses for it in my saves so far:

At the start of the first season before the contracts phase I remove all spare cash from county budgets meaning they can't sign any additional players and play the season with their actual squads.

When regens are added I edit them into real life young second XI/academy players without touching their actual ability to again improve realism.

I've also changed the odd player's aggression and given one or two small boosts but these are usually just players I think are underrated and not ones at my county.

Finding the editor improving gameplay massively. If only it could limit the squads in the hundred...

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
If only it could limit the squads in the hundred...

What do you mean by this? Limit the number of players in each squad? I don't currently know of a way to set/change a hard limit on the squad sizes, but I think it should be possible to add the ability to sack players from any squad.

I think this should be fairly safe, but it would need some testing (for example, to check that a club's budget doesn't get permanently messed up when you delete a player from their squad without taking care of their salary).

Lenix43

School Cricketer
Hey Harry. Yes basically the hundred squads end up at 20+ players instead of being capped at 15 so the counties get ravaged. I may be able to just adjust their budgets.

lojoda

School Cricketer
Since you are able to edit the player selection before each match is the data of match conditions available and changeable, such as wear and bounce?

Users who are viewing this thread