Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
O.O

I'd rather be at work TBH.

School

6 hours 35 minutes per day
69 days holiday per year
Risk of losing position: minimal
Chances after misconduct: many

Work

8 hours per day
20 days holiday per year
Risk of losing position: moderate
Chances after misconduct: none, one if lenient

Hmm...

Yes, but you get paid for work, there is more independence and less immature, stuck up idiots. Plus more often than not, no homework! woot!

School: The crippling feeling of repetitiveness day after day after day.

Work: Chances of Promotion, therefore, job enlargement.

Yes, but you get paid for work, there is more independence and less immature, stuck up idiots. Plus more often than not, no homework! woot!

You just described sixth form/college.

School

6 hours 35 minutes per day
69 days holiday per year
Risk of losing position: minimal
Chances after misconduct: many

Work

8 hours per day
20 days holiday per year
Risk of losing position: moderate
Chances after misconduct: none, one if lenient

Hmm...
Yeah, you kinda missed out the money you get for working:p.

2 hour maths exam tomorrow morning and then English on Tuesday morning then thats it before half term. The week after half term is the worst, got something like 6 exams.

Independance from whom? At Sixth Form, you have to answer to the same people and follow the same codes of conduct. Unless you collect EMA, which I don't, you don't get paid and, trust me, you get a lot of homework.

Independance from whom? At Sixth Form, you have to answer to the same people and follow the same codes of conduct. Unless you collect EMA, which I don't, you don't get paid and, trust me, you get a lot of homework.

I will collect EMA because we need it, single parent family and all. I understand the lot of homework thing, but that doesn't bother me. Enjoyable subjects and the fact that my sixth form is split between 3 schools means it won't be the same as before.

Don't be stupid, Colin! Teachers start at 9 and finish at 3, everyone knows that!

Who said I would work as a teach anyway?

I'd like to work in a bar or pub, but that's a fair way away XD

Omg!

14 school days left! I can't wait!

Only thing - I have an 88% in a class and I really need it to go up to 90% or higher. I need a big 96 or 97 in the final (on the last freaking day of school) to assure myself of keeping a "Perfect" or all A's.

Well I have finally completed my college exam now and looking on how much work I have left to do I will be done for mid June so hopefully I past and I get A level. :)

I think the EMA system is pretty pathetic.

Lad in my year, his parents are rich. Retired (think his mum works part time as a hobby, not too sure) so his household income is low, however his parents are rich enough to buy him a pretty good car for his 17th birthday. They pay for the insurance, petrol etc. He has a part-time job. Gets 30 pound EMA a week. I think he gets 50 pound per term too because he falls under a different council which offers it.

My parents scrape past the threshold. If i passed my driving test I'd drive my Mum's old car. Have to pay for whatever petrol i use. Get 20 pound a week to cover dinners and anything else from my parents.

Im not saying i deserve EMA (because i don't) however how does the lad above deserve it? pretty ridiculous. He spends the money on drink anyway, not on anything to do with education.

I'm sure there are a lot of people like him who get the full EMA. Which is just a waste of money, money which could go into improving public services such as the NHS etc.

There are people who need EMA, i don't refute that but there are a lot of people who don't need it, Yet still get it.

Users who are viewing this thread