Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
I'm finding the IIT standards of Physics to be pretty awesome. Mechanics is fabulous and I can never have enough of it! :)

Maths is kinda boring, well actually its because of those Straight Lines, hyperbola, parabolla, ellipse etc. rest is fine.

Oh yeah totally. I like parabolla so much. I mean damn, it's paralysed and a bowler. Quite an achivement

Beh, I got 8 A*s for a reason you know. In our maths Mock exam I secured 129/130, lost one mark because I forgot to put the unit at the end of one answer :p

That's a common problem, but in my case my 2 marks lost weren't my mistake. The board messed up and gave an external bisector question which we weren't even supposed to learn, it wasn't in the syllabus.

skater, the paper you posted seems a piece of cake. :p What age is it meant for?
15/16. Those sort of questions are a load of rubbish though. I am a firm believer in only needing addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. I haven't used most of the absolute tosh I learnt in Maths at school since I left - algebra!? Pointless. Trig!? Pointless. Calc!? Pointless.

Done 50% of my Science GCSEs.
Unit 1:
Biology - 43/50 (A)
Chemistry - 36/50 (B)
Physics - 32/50 (C)

Unit 2:
Biology - 39/50 (1 Mark off an A! :mad: B)
Chemistry - 37/50 (B)
Physics - 31/50 (C)

ISA (Courseworks)
Biology - 69% (C)
Chemistry - 77% (Just an A)
Physics - 78% (A)

Overall (50% of GCSE)
Biology - Mid B
Chemistry - Mid B
Physics - 0.5% off a B! :mad:

15/16. Those sort of questions are a load of rubbish though. I am a firm believer in only needing addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. I haven't used most of the absolute tosh I learnt in Maths at school since I left - algebra!? Pointless. Trig!? Pointless. Calc!? Pointless.
Probably because you didn't venture in Science? Today where I stand I would die if I wouldn't know Algebra, Trignometry, and Calculus.

Probably because you didn't venture in Science? Today where I stand I would die if I wouldn't know Algebra, Trignometry, and Calculus.
Probably, but I didn't need to know all that about sciene either. Biology would have done me, learning about the human body. Physics involves too much maths, and Chemistry is just ridiculous. My philosophy is learn what you need.

If you plan to be an engineer, you do need Physics.

I believe you can never know too much. There is no harm in learning.

Yeah but all students need to be taught basics for all subjects for a while so they actually develop a taste for their career themselves according to what they like, rather than what is enforced on them. The basic education helps them identify their talents and interests.

Good lesson plans:

English - teach children to read and write, study two books (I would choose To Kill A Mockingbird and Lord Of The Flies).
Maths - teach children to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Allow them to choose another aspect to learn if wanted.
Science - just teach children the workings of the human body.

Users who are viewing this thread