Story England Ashes and beyond (BLIC2005)

Jacko99

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I recently noticed the lack of BLIC 2005 stories so I will be making one with England the country of my birth. The story starts from the Champions Trophy in India as i do not want to be playing matches at the same time as the real games. I will play on Test difficulty.

Also just for the story I will be saying the One Day Series vs Pakistan was cancelled. This does not reflect my view on the matter and I do not wish to offend anyone by saying that Inzi will be found gulity. Please may I remind all readers that this is fiction and I do not know weather Inzi and his team are guilty of ball tampering.

Last edited:
England vs South Africa

England today announced a huridly put together 3 match series vs South Africa to ready themselves for the ICC Champions Trophy along with the squad for that series and the Trophy. The series will be played in India so the players can prepare for the tournment conditions.

The series has been added to the itinery after the cancelled series between England and Pakistan back in September. The three games will be played at Cochi, Bangalore and finnally Chennai. Both side will be using the players in their Champions Trophy squads. Today David Gravney Chairman of selectors announced the refined 14 squad from the 30 named in August.

1. Andrew Strauss (Middlesex) Captain
2. Ian Blackwell (Somerset)
3. Stuart Broad (Leicestershire)
4. Paul Collingwood (Durham)
5. Alistair Cook (Essex)
6. Jamie Dalrymple (Middlesex)
7. Andrew Flintoff (Lancshire)
8. Steve Harminson (Durham)
9. Sanjid Mahmood (Lancshire)
10. Kevin Pietersen (Hampshire)
11. Liam Plunkett (Durham)
12. Chris Read (Nottinghamshire)
13. Marcaus Trescothick (Somerset)
14. Micheal Yardy (Sussex)

The 14 man squad contains (or doesn't as the case maybe) a few surprises. Two uncapped players make the squad Stuart Broad the tall, economical and bouncy fast bowler son of ex-England international Chris Broad. The other Sussex batsman and occasional spinner Misheal Yardy who has impressed in this years county season. The surprise non inclusion among many is Darren Gough who also proformed well especially late season for Essex. The 35 year-old dancer never really had a chance of a place but many people at Essex and in the press seemed convinced he could be in.

good luck with the story mate. generally there is a reason why there arent many RPIC stories. its because the unrealistic ai and gameplay makes it very difficult to produce results closer to the likes of EA C2005. hopefully you can shake that trend (much like madmick did). also i think sid would be happy that stuart broad has made the team (i think he had a broad sig earlier on this week)

MWaugh

Good luck, should be a challenge for you and it will be intersting to see how it goes.

I know sometimes the AI is stupid sometimes but we'll see how it goes.

Wisden Group given TV Rights.

Having recently bought Hawk-eye the Wisden group has bought the TV rights for all England matches to be shown online pay per view. As it is online they will mont have to compete with sky as it can be viewed by the whole world online. They also have a free choice of commentators. The anchorman is going to be Fives Mark Nicholas formally of C4. Other main commentators will be Micheal Atherton, Richie Benaud, Nassar Hussain and Johnathan Agnew. Guest commentators from Englands opponents will also appear such as Jim Maxwell from Australia or Alllan Donald from South Africa along with Rameez Raja from Pakistan.

Many technologies will be used Simon Hughes for his analysis including Hawk-eye. There will also be pieces from many of the commentators on the cricinfo website which is also part of the Wisden group.

South Africa vs England Build-up at Cochi

Mark Nicholas: Welcome to all online viewers to Cochi for England vs South Africa in this hastily put together 3 match series. With me in our studio I have Tony Grieg and Nassar Hussain also appearing in todays commentary box we will have Johnothan Agenew, Richie Benaud, Micheal Atherton, Allan Donald and Ravi Shastri. So to the action Nassar what do you make of todays pitch?

Nassar Hussain: Well Mark, they have had weeks of sun here in Cochi and the pitch is baked. It's very dry and it will begin to rough up towards the second innings helping who ever bowls secnd especially in this heat as it will cool later on.

Mark: If you won the toss today what would you do today Tony?

Tony Grieg: Well as Nassar just said the pitch will begin to turn later on and it's always good to get a score on the board so I ould bat first will the pitch is pretty good for batting.

Mark: Thanks Tony now lets see what happened a few moments ago when the two captains went out for the toss with Micheal Atherton.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread