England in Australia

Especially when it says
It was clear he had talent when he finished above Graeme Hick in the Worcestershire averages in his debut season in 2005

:D

Well done CricInfo.

Even my blind devotion to Geraint is wearing thin. I want either Davies or Prior to fill the gloves but I can't really say I know much about the foprmer apart from a few innings on Sky.

wups. i didn't read it all. i thought you were talking about Mark Davies (Durham)

It just said on the news that Shane Warne will be announcing retirement!? His final test match will be in Sydney. Can anyone confirm this?

He's expected to make an announcement tomorrow apparently.

And McGrath is expected to announce his retirement just before the Sydney Test.

:(

dtrain said:
He's expected to make an announcement tomorrow apparently.

And McGrath is expected to announce his retirement just before the Sydney Test.

:(
:eek: Are we prepared for 2 legends with more than 1200 wickets between them to departe at the same time!! Lets hope they decide against retirement.. cant they play until there 50! :D

Nothing on Foxsports but wow thats huge, so much for no repeat of losing a ton of great players at once. I expected McGrath to retire but didn't see Warne retiring until later on.

wfdu_ben91 said:
You so sure about McGrath? What about the World Cup?

I take it Langer, Hayden or Gilchrist haven't announced retirement yet either?

I think McGrath will be announcing his Test retirement, Warne is retirement from all cricket according to that article posted.

I remember seeing Warne bowl on the last day of the Sydney Test last year. His appeals & shouts absolutely echo throughout the arena.

This is huge aswell, Warne's like in the top 5 ranked cricketers of all time.

Aussie Talent Pool

Feelin Blue? said:
:eek: Are we prepared for 2 legends with more than 1200 wickets between them to departe at the same time!! Lets hope they decide against retirement.. cant they play until there 50! :D

Australia has a huge talent pool. I wouldn't worry about players retiring that much. MacGill is 36, but hopefully he'll be there for the next Ashes.

Pace bowling options are many for Australia. Mitchell Johnson and Shaun Tait being the foremost.

The Aussie talent pool is deep at the moment, despite wishful thinking by many England fans here.

Yeah but will bowlers like Stuart Clark & Brett Lee fair so well with knowing the fact that they aren't being back up by Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath?

Users who are viewing this thread