England in Australia

MUFC1987 said:
In the UK it's just been reported as Channel 9 saying it, rather than a particular person.
thanks for the reply..but i hope my gut feeling is right and this is just the media getting ahead of itself...(if it was a player or someone on the team who leaked the story the news would have mentioned his/her name at least i think they would)

Maybe Channel Nine have started this "rumour" because maybe Warne has signed a commentary contract with them for Australias next test series?

England's one day Squad gets named tomorrow, at 7:30 am on the ECB website for some reason. Here's hoping there are a few surprises and no Michael Yardy. :D

Closest thing we've had to a wicket taking spinner in a long time, he hasn't shown his potential that's for sure his batting appalled me and was nothing like he can be (which is good enough for ODIs imo). He did help us draw vs Pakistan. Poor with the bat, very poor but he does have an eco rate of under 3 in 5 games which isn't bad.

I think he should have another chance....

Will there be a certain Michael Vaughan?

Speaking of Vaughan, he actually managed to register double figures in yesterday's tour game. :D

Sureshot said:
Maybe Channel Nine have started this "rumour" because maybe Warne has signed a commentary contract with them for Australias next test series?
not a bad theory...but im sure if nine had signed warne they would have announced it B4 hand... to me something doesnt sit right with warne retiring untill the man says it himself..

do u think England and australia will play their strongest 11's in the last 2 tests or will they experiment?

Leicetser Fox said:
do u think England and australia will play their strongest 11's in the last 2 tests or will they experiment?

I would hope so since England only got close to playing their strongest XI in the 3rd test :p

I can only hope that Australia play their academy side so that we have a sniff of scraping a draw.

i can't see jones playing though.

not sure how mahmoods comments 2day will go down as well

i think they should give strauss the captaincy but i doubt they will at this late stage. will flintoff be captain in the odi's

Users who are viewing this thread