England in Australia

i'm more bothered about the lack of stuart broad. Anderson needs to sort out his action and until he does that he shouldn't be playing for england

Leicetser Fox said:
i'm more bothered about the lack of stuart broad. Anderson needs to sort out his action and until he does that he shouldn't be playing for england
No matter what his action is, Anderson is a proven quality ODI bowler. That's a lot more than Stuart Broad is at this moment in time.

I prefer his new action, he didn't bowl that well in the Tests but it looked a lot nicer and showed mroe base for improvement than his old one. I can't see Nixon playing at all so don't worry about that, he'll be a good influence in the dressing room though that's for sure.

His new action looks to generate more pace as well. He's always had a bit of nip but I never remember him reaching 92mph before this new action.

I defininately think Rogers should be in the Australian squad now, having just thumped 152 on a pitch Tasmania got bowled out for 94.

Just no space for him as the selectors 1) Don't see him as anything other than an opener, 2) Hes left handed and we got too many of them.
He'll be the next opener picked though overtaking Jaques in the list.

ok maybe anderson should be there ahead of broad but tremlett. whats he done recently?

aussie1st said:
Just no space for him as the selectors 1) Don't see him as anything other than an opener, 2) Hes left handed and we got too many of them.
He'll be the next opener picked though overtaking Jaques in the list.

I think he batted at 3 or 4 northants a couple of times this season.. but i'm not sure it would be good trying to mould him into a middle order batsman. But number 4 is a position australia are having a bit of trouble filling.

Drewska said:
I think he batted at 3 or 4 northants a couple of times this season.. but i'm not sure it would be good trying to mould him into a middle order batsman. But number 4 is a position australia are having a bit of trouble filling.

Hussey seems quite sound in that position. Then again he is good in any position ":D

Leicetser Fox said:
ok maybe anderson should be there ahead of broad but tremlett. whats he done recently?

Tremlett in 2006:
Pro40: Played 4, 7 wickets @ 16.57, SR 18.5, economy 5.35
CC: Played 9, 34 wickets @ 24.55. SR 46.6, economy 3.15

Broad in 2006:
Pro40: Played 4, 3 wickets @ 64.66. SR 56.6, economy 6.84
CC: Played 12, 44 wickets @ 31.38, SR 49.1, economy 3.83

The statistics tell part of the story, but nowhere near all of it. Broad is a massive talent, but he's only 20! He has many, many years ahead of him and there isn't much point in risking him in the upcoming series. For me, he'll gain far more by sticking with the academy than having his confidence potentially destroyed against top ODI sides in Australia and New Zealand.

symonds_sixes said:
McDonald doesn't offer more than Symonds does in the bowling department. Symonds can seam and swing the ball as well as bowl conventional off-spin and darting off-spin.
McDonald bowls fast-medium instead of medium pacers, and averages 31 in FC cricket, which is better than Symonds. And the old man who has umpired him on numerous occasions says he is a very good and very talented cricketer.

cricketmad09 said:
McDonald bowls fast-medium instead of medium pacers, and averages 31 in FC cricket, which is better than Symonds. And the old man who has umpired him on numerous occasions says he is a very good and very talented cricketer.

Hes also quite tall at 1.93m so I suspect he would get bounce like a McGrath/Harmy would do so I definitely wouldn't mind him instead of Symonds especially since his batting has been such a hit this season.

Yeah, he's been on fire with the bat, and his bowling has troubled other teams, he's quite an all round package. I think having a bloodnut in the side would help the team balance out too :)

hes a top bowler for the middle overs of an ODD match and can be good with the bat in the OD form in the middle overs grinding the ball around too, hes a regular bowler for melbourne in OD now, back to FC haven't seen or heard of his bowling in that but hes a great batter in FC

Users who are viewing this thread