England in Australia

I hope that England will win at least one of the remaining two test matches for pride and to show that they aren't pushovers. I think that this will be most likely to happen at Sydney because there will be a lot of spectators and a lot of Australian momentum lingering at Melbourne.

cricketmad09 said:
McDonald bowls fast-medium instead of medium pacers, and averages 31 in FC cricket, which is better than Symonds. And the old man who has umpired him on numerous occasions says he is a very good and very talented cricketer.
fast-medium? turn it up! I suppose you call McGrath fast? :P

I think that 75 MPH is a respectable speed to consistently bowl at.

Leicetser Fox said:
at test match level?
I guess it is if you get it in the right areas, and get movement off the pitch and in the air then theres no reason someone at 75mph couldn't do it.

skateboarder said:
That's the kind of speed people like Ponting bowl off a few steps

120 is to slow. gotta get up to 130's, Symonds had pushed his pace up to the 130's and most players who are being picked for batting but also to bowl should be expected to bowl the high 120's and pushing 130's

skateboarder said:

id say if what i saw was correct, that being 75 MPH = 120 KMH then thats hardly respectable, no one bowls that fast at international level, no one notable anyway

rickyp said:
id say if what i saw was correct, that being 75 MPH = 120 KMH then thats hardly respectable, no one bowls that fast at international level, no one notable anyway

Glenn McGrath regularly bowls at 75 MPH, I think that he can bowl at 80 MPH if he puts more effort in.

rickyp said:

Pathan, Vaas, McGrath sometimes drops down to those speeds. But it has shown as they haven't been as effective lately.

Users who are viewing this thread