England in Australia

ZoraxDoom said:
All by me. No one seems to want to read it, and keep bringing up the same subject. Just read the damn thing already!

First I've seen of the link, but I should have known all this as I just learnt it a few months ago. :)

Looking forward to tonight despite me expecting us to lose and put in another poor display.

Should get about an hours viewing before I go and get some shut-eye. I hope we bat first, according to CricInfo, the MCG can have English like conditions, winning the toss isn't that important in terms of match result but batting first is beneficial.

aussie1st said:
First I've seen of the link, but I should have known all this as I just learnt it a few months ago. :)

Same here actually.

Words are words, swing is swing. Do you honestly think that Flintoff read an article to get himself to swing it, no, he went to the nets and worked it out himself. If you do that, you may even discover a new style of swing!

Read is playing. :eek: England is seriously thinking of winning this match.

There is rain predicted for the first 3 days, infact it was snowing in Victoria (the mountain areas) so it's been a White xmas for the Aussies :)

skateboarder said:
I hope that England will win at least one of the remaining two test matches for pride and to show that they aren't pushovers. I think that this will be most likely to happen at Sydney because there will be a lot of spectators and a lot of Australian momentum lingering at Melbourne.

Wake up and smell the coffee......England are looking at a whitewash.

Benauds appreci said:
Wake up and smell the coffee......England are looking at a whitewash.

Dude we were looking at a whitewash in 89, 90/91, 93, 94/95, 98/99 and 2001. Doubt that will change specialy with this rain in Melbourne.

Drewska said:
Dude we were looking at a whitewash in 89, 90/91, 93, 94/95, 98/99 and 2001. Doubt that will change specialy with this rain in Melbourne.

Well if they were ever going to do a whitewash now is it. Two of the great bowlers retiring so surely destiny will be on their side. For Warne last ever game at the Great MCG and then his last ever test at the SCG along with McGrath. For me the Cricket Gods surely will look good on Aus and let the two great bowlers go out on a high.

England won the toss and they will bat.

Warne could enjoy his christmas, since he will be getting his 700th Test wicket soon. :laugh

Thats assuming Melbourne stops raining :)
Its definitely a seamers wicket right now so most of the wickets should go to Clark and McGrath.

And also some more runs on the scorecard. And the MCG is really huge. Do they play other sports also there or just cricket?

Leicetser Fox said:
no geraint jones. we might get some wickets stumped and caught behind now
:D

Cmon now Jones wasn't that bad with his caught behind this series :)

ZexyZahid said:
And also some more runs on the scorecard. And the MCG is really huge. Do they play other sports also there or just cricket?

AFL is the other main sport played here, Soccer is also played there and Rugby on occasions.

jones couldn't catch a cold. 2 years ago i remember sky sports talking about him getting into the england team based on his batting alone (not as a keeper).cracking drive by strauss there

Users who are viewing this thread