England in Australia

Much better spell of bowling by Lee today. A number of plays and misses and for once his pace has come in handy with the wicket of Cook.

300 looks a good score on this pitch so if we can 700+ we might just be in with a shout :D

aussie1st said:
AFL is the other main sport played here, Soccer is also played there and Rugby on occasions.

Thanks for telling. So far England is scoring very slowly and the Australian bowlers are troubling them a lot.

That will hurt them if they lose a few more wickets. But not much the English could have done as the Aussies have been bowling excellently.

great to hear the barmy army trumpeter back. Although he's not gonna last much longer if he carrys on singing "you all live in a convict colony".

don't mind this weather.means i can watch sri lanka NZ 2020

Strauss has done very very well to survive so far. Cook was doing very well too until he clipped that delivery that got him out. That's all England have to do at the momment on this pitch and with these conditions is just survive until everything settles down a bit. I think Clark should have been introduced a lot earlier but it was a faultless first spell by Lee. It's been gloomy all day here in Melbourne today, and I don't think that they'll play much more cricket now. If they do it will be in short spurts of 40mins or so I think provided the drizzle holds off long enough for a restart.

I think after this series Clark certainly has earned a spot in the team for a while. Two wickets down and not even 50 runs reached.

Ian Bell is useless. how he won emerging player of the year i don't know. bring in michael vaughan or marcus trescothick :help :mad:

one day Ian Bell will save us a test match and everyone will say saved by the Bell. well just so everyone knows i have now copyrighted it so everyone must pay me ?1,000,000 to use it as a newspaper headline. just thought i'd let everyone know

Drop catches seem to be creeping back into our side again. McGrath should have had his 1st wicket there but Gilly went the wrong way.

Haha and the poms say ponting is a useless captain.

What on earth was flintoff smoking when he decided to bat.
Could see grass on the pitch,overcast conditions, light showers forecasted so batsmen cant get set they will be on off.
Aussies struggle when theres lots of ball movement.
Guess there just scared of warne an didnt want to bat last against him.

Flintoff Worlds worst international cricket captain EVER

Sman-21 said:
Flintoff Worlds worst international cricket captain EVER

well he quite obviously isn't. there are about a 1000 worse captains but i won't waste them on numptys like you. Flintoff was thinking that he wouldn't like to be batting last on this horrible wicket. England have actually got a slightly respectable score now :p

It shouldn't have been too respectable though. Two chances gone down including Strauss who could really make us pay and Collingwood is another that can go on.

warney will change it now :hpraise

maybe warne will fall short 0f 700 wickets like bradman finished short of an average of 100 ;)

You English can keep dreaming hes going to be going well over the 700 :)
Poor crowd though doesn't look like much turn atm so they are going to be clapping Warne in for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread