England in Australia

If England don't take wickets soon then there will be no way back.
If Australia have Hayden, Symonds and Gilchrist bat through the day then this test match is as good as Australia's

No wicket yet and Hayden looks like he is taking off, what a 6 he hit off Mahmood.
Collingwood finally gets a bowl on this tour.

Wow! Symonds gets his first century and he gets it with a six! :)

Great player. Hopefully he will get a fixed spot in the Test side soon.

Top knock by Symonds heres hoping this is his coming of age as he would be a dam handy test player with his off spin/medium pace and then his top class fielding. Poor Watson though cause now hes going to find it hard to get into the side unless Hussey is moved to open the batting.

Been great watching Symonds.

Jeez, England have been unlucky with their LBW decisions. The first Hoggard one was absolutly plumb. No excuses for that sorry.

Now Warney can get a century.

Looks like Mahmood is having one of those good spells, bowled an absolute ripper to get Hayden out. Warne is off the duck so no chance of him getting more ducks than McGrath.

aussie1st said:
Slightly with the bowlers that have taken the wickets but at least we saw more runs in that one.

Hoggard looks like he might have tweaked something.

I'm filling a law suit against you
:mad

I came down, wasn't expecting too much, then learnt of the situation, where only Haydos and Symonds scored runs (practically) can someone tell us how the day went in terms of how Symonds and Hayden batted, of course how my man Monty bowled as his figures suggest not that great.

Harmison had good figures, must've been yonks since he went at only 2.5 an over for a 20+ over stint.

Credit to Australia, but you've had the better of the conditions that's undebatable, what is, is why we batted first on a seamer friendly pitch with one of the best swing bowlers of world cricket in your armoury.

And what's up with that document going missing? Never heard of something like that, this tour has been terrible on and off the pitch. The pre-tour preparation, this document and CA trying to silence the Barmy Army.

What's the umpiring like? I saw the 2 last night to Hayden, they were plumb and why they umpires didn't even look like giving them out I don't know. I saw the first hours play and we bowled very well I thought.

Harmy was pretty good today, his ball to get Clarke was a goodey. Hoggard with his in swing nabbed Hussey through the gate although looked like Hussey clipped his pad which left the gap open.

Symonds had one life given to him when he was about 50 odd, may have been others that I missed but apart from that he looked good, leaving the good balls go and then smashing the bad ones and sometimes the good ones. His 6 to bring up his 100 with magic stuff as he wasn't even trying to hit it that hard but it went flying.

Hayden didn't give too much today, was shakey early on edging a few while going towards his 50. After lunch he looked much more settled and then went on to his 100, got a good one from Mahmood that was on leg stumpish and squared him up grabbing the nick in the process.

Umpiring well tons of appeals from the English but none were given, Flintoff had a few in the morning and was getting pissed off that he couldn't get one and then Monty had a few shouts also turned down and he too started to get a bit annoyed.

RoboRocks said:
Good news for Australia.
Parntership of over 100, Big trouble for England now with Gilchrist under no pressure.
Is Rudi against England?
3 lbws plumb.
Well Collingwood was plumb twice and I think Rudi was the umpire at that end as well and Strauss should of been out lbw as well but not sure if Rudi was at that end of not.

Symo :hpraise thank you! :upray

aussie1st said:
Harmy was pretty good today, his ball to get Clarke was a goodey. Hoggard with his in swing nabbed Hussey through the gate although looked like Hussey clipped his pad which left the gap open.

Symonds had one life given to him when he was about 50 odd, may have been others that I missed but apart from that he looked good, leaving the good balls go and then smashing the bad ones and sometimes the good ones. His 6 to bring up his 100 with magic stuff as he wasn't even trying to hit it that hard but it went flying.

Hayden didn't give too much today, was shakey early on edging a few while going towards his 50. After lunch he looked much more settled and then went on to his 100, got a good one from Mahmood that was on leg stumpish and squared him up grabbing the nick in the process.

Umpiring well tons of appeals from the English but none were given, Flintoff had a few in the morning and was getting pissed off that he couldn't get one and then Monty had a few shouts also turned down and he too started to get a bit annoyed.

Was Freddie justified in being p?ssed?

Sureshot said:
of course how my man Monty bowled as his figures suggest not that great.
It wasn't his fault, just ridiculous captaincy- the first ball he bowled was with 5 men on the fence, Symonds was on about 15. They didn't have to play a big shot all day against him because there were singles everywhere.

Sureshot said:
And what's up with that document going missing?
I suppose they thought it wouldn't make any difference, all we have to do is look at the setup at the start of the day and it's guaranteed to be the same at the end. It's like they work out their plans at the start of the day and then Freddie thinks they don't need to be adapted or changed at all, regardless of what happens (with the exception of putting 5 people on the boundary as soon as someone plays an attacking shot)

The England camp didn't release it Brad, it was stolen.

Shame about Monty, he may get clattered but he gets turn and may have spun one past Symo when he was advancing.

Sureshot said:
The England camp didn't release it Brad, it was stolen.
Yeah I know, it just seemed like an easy introduction into the captaincy point .
icon7.gif

Sureshot said:
Shame about Monty, he may get clattered but he gets turn and may have spun one past Symo when he was advancing.
As opposed to turning it into the classic ODI 20-40 over situation with free runs everywhere and time to get his eye in, giving him the invitation to hit over the top early is the best thing that could happen. Monty got taken off after 3 overs for 13 in his first spell, no bad balls but there was never any chance to build pressure.

We can use Monty in either a defensive or attacking role, I think in the attacking role is when he's at his best though.

What comedy...big Roy with a test ton. Who can't hit a ton against this english attack? Heck, it'd be a fair bet that the only thing stopping Warney from bringing up his maiden ton tomorrow is the weather.

Users who are viewing this thread