England in Australia

Flintoff was too defensive with Monty bowling as well which was another problem for Monty. He should have set attacking fields for him.

One can only imagine how well Monty would have done had Vaughan been his captain. Hell, Strauss would have done a good job with him as well.

i feel the main reason we lost the ashes was due to our lack of inexperince. We have a youngish side compared to the aussies they have a lot of players who are soon to retire

We had an inexperienced side last year as well and we won. I refuse to accept lack of experience as an excuse. It's more a case of a lack of good captaincy.

It always helps when you have Warne and McGrath weaving their magic. The batting has been the real let down for the English, when Collingwood/KP fail the rest just haven't produced something.

i think strauss would have been a better captain i mean flintoff has to bat, bowl as well as fielding and boiwling changes there's alot of pressure on him

Definitely he would have been the better captain, Flintoff is more a follow me captain. Strauss looked like he did a good job when he had the captaincy so he should have had it and of course as mentioned it would relieve the pressure on Flintoff.

I think I have picked a bad night for an all nighter tonight...

England need to cut the negativity. Yes, the Ashes are gone. We have something much more important now, Pride. We cannot allow McGrath to have predicted the whitewash correctly in his last Ashes series!

Well there goes Symonds already, pity that as he could have made a maiden 200 there.
Should be fun watching our tailenders bat though in particular McGrath :)

Australia gets all out on 419 runs. Mahmood somehow got 4 wickets.

Obviously we're still not playing LBW, even the ones hitting halfway up middle

Well Rudi is consistent at least. McGrath shout also should have been given but like Hoggard's two it was not out.

Users who are viewing this thread