England in Australia

All I keep reading about is those LBW descisions in MEL.

"Matty Hayden should have been out on 4"
"Andrew Symonds plum on 52"

Well ENgland, pay back is a bitch. ANyone remember Damien Martyn and then Ricky Ponting smashing two of the biggest inside edges you've ever seen into their pad in England in 2005, yet Aleem and Billy failed to see them and sent marto and ricky packing at crucial times. Marto copped another going down leg side.

Sorry for the rant. Bang.

I don't really know what Rudi is on, but if he's not going to give ones like McGrath's shout on Cook, he might as well announce that he is going to disregard the law altogether. Despite that one, England were the ones really shafted as Hayden and Symonds capitalised on their poor decisions.

Anyone notice Lee is not bowling very quickly. He's been mostly in the low 140s for his 4 overs so far. Anyone got any theories? The gun seems accurate as McGrath was around 130 and Stuey Clark was high 130s. Perhaps he's just not as fast anymore. In the series I can only remember see him hit 150 for a couple of balls, maybe one quick over or 2, but that's it.

Not sure if this is mentioned before, but here is the master plan, that should have restricted the Australian batsmen. :laugh

England's leaked bowling plans, found at the MCG, Australia v England, 4th Test, MCG, December 27, 2006

sifter132 said:
I don't really know what Rudi is on, but if he's not going to give ones like McGrath's shout on Cook, he might as well announce that he is going to disregard the law altogether. Despite that one, England were the ones really shafted as Hayden and Symonds capitalised on their poor decisions.

Anyone notice Lee is not bowling very quickly. He's been mostly in the low 140s for his 4 overs so far. Anyone got any theories? The gun seems accurate as McGrath was around 130 and Stuey Clark was high 130s. Perhaps he's just not as fast anymore. In the series I can only remember see him hit 150 for a couple of balls, maybe one quick over or 2, but that's it.

I would say hes just not pushing himself as everytime he does he loses his shape. Something isn't right with his release atm, the seam is all scrambled so thats something he needs to work on.

Clark does it again, what a champ :)

Nice delivery from Clark to take Cook, tbh he hadn't looked good in this innings. Hopefully Bell and Strauss can build a good partnership. Strauss is looking good.

OMFG Rudi has given an LBW!
I was thinking oh here we go again then Gilly started celebrating what a wicket by the Great man :)

McGrath mk2 going very nicely :) He seems to be bowling that Gillespie line pitching it up and it's getting the results.

The ball is staying so flat off Clark it's looking very hard to get him away.

great sharp catch by Langer, had half a second if not less than that, Clarke overtook warne in wickets this ashes, big achievement

Maybe this mystery is solved now.
Plans were not stolen say authorities
Cricinfo staff
December 28, 2006

It was hardly a whodunit of Murder On The Orient Express proportions, but Cricket Australia think that it has discovered the secret of how England's bowling plans came to be leaked to the media.

Full article here

Clark does it again, what a ball that was too really dipped in late to Flintoff.

The flipper gets one although some reason it turned a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread