England in Australia

valvolux said:
We have to stamp out pathetic umpiring.
I think we have to stamp out pathetic posts. People make mistakes, that's life, get over it. If you think you can do better, then by all means, go ahead. Until then, the rest of the world is quite happy with the way things are.

MUFC1987 said:
I think we have to stamp out pathetic posts. People make mistakes, that's life, get over it. If you think you can do better, then by all means, go ahead. Until then, the rest of the world is quite happy with the way things are.

Are they? I could've sworn I've heard every England player mention the umpiring somewhere amongst their explanation of the capitulation. If it's not an issue, why bother mentioning it.

Are they just going through a rough patch at the moment or has it always been like this? Or is technology just showing how crap these international umpires are?

Last edited:
Umpires have bad games like players do, though he did have 3 terrible decisions against lbw, Hayden twice and Cook today.

It happens, but I don't know why the 3 mentioned weren't given as they were missing nothing, particularly Cook.

Rudi had a poor game, in general he's pretty good and he'll probably have a good game next time around.

MUFC1987 said:
Mahmood does not bowl rubbish at all. The problem he has is the transitions mainly. From Tests to ODIs which means he's forever altering his lines and lengths, similar to the problems that Harmison has. Sure Mahmood may go for a few, but he's shown in this Test that when he gets a few overs under his belt he's a good bowler.

Summed up Saj well, full and straight to the tail enders to, surprise surprise it worked too. We bowl poorly to tailenders frequently, he did what you should do.

Mahmood is similar to Lee, he can have a real good spell and then have a real bad one. He was dishing up some poor balls to Warne and was doing the usual 2 card trick to the tailenders which wasn't working. But once he got it to a good line and length bang goes the tail enders.

Why is there just Rudi being mentioned. It was both of them making the bad decisions.

Oh well, you guys have Billy for the last test. I hope he does a good job.

Thanks for providing such an intense and thrilling ashes series england :rolleyes:

I like many other aussies was really looking forward to this series we thought we would win but we expected it to be as close and exciting as the series in england.

This last test was even worse.
Englands 2 innings with the bat were almost outscored by just Symonds and Hayden alone in 1 innings.

I remember when the series was goin on in england there were heaps of english posters in the thread where are they now.

Anyone in sydney going to the tests dont forget to take your brooms.
Gonna be a clean sweep baby.

Sman-21 said:
Thanks for providing such an intense and thrilling ashes series england :rolleyes:

I like many other aussies was really looking forward to this series we thought we would win but we expected it to be as close and exciting as the series in england.

This last test was even worse.
Englands 2 innings with the bat were almost outscored by just Symonds and Hayden alone in 1 innings.

I remember when the series was goin on in england there were heaps of english posters in the thread where are they now.

Anyone in sydney going to the tests dont forget to take your brooms.
Gonna be a clean sweep baby.

Well Symonds outscored England in there first innings, England have been getting worse or series probably due to pressure, bowling improving slighty but batting doing worse.

also dont forget the white paint ;) ( lame.. i know )

One last hurrah for Australian Cricket. If you think a bowling attack led by Brett Lee after this series is going to win you matches, then you lot are in for a rude awakening.

to sum it up we played rubbish for 4 tests, even winning the last one won't get any pride, unless we bolw them out for single figures. We have been embarased in this series

MUFC1987 said:
One last hurrah for Australian Cricket. If you think a bowling attack led by Brett Lee after this series is going to win you matches, then you lot are in for a rude awakening.
Well, Lee and Clark haven't done too badly, have they ?! Yes, McGrath and Warne are great, but to say that it is only because of those two that England have lost is a false arguement. Who knows- in two years time Mitchell Johnson and Shaun Tait or Brad Hogg may be doing just as well as Stuart Clark this series and then you'd have to come up with a new excuse.

England may have well been beaten by Bangladesh this series.

Adarsh said:
Well, Lee and Clark haven't done too badly, have they ?! Yes, McGrath and Warne are great, but to say that it is only because of those two that England have lost is a false arguement. Who knows- in two years time Mitchell Johnson and Shaun Tait or Brad Hogg may be doing just as well as Stuart Clark this series and then you'd have to come up with a new excuse.

England may have well been beaten by Bangladesh this series.
Clark is the one bright spark. Lee's average against England of over 40 isn't too impressive. His best haul came in the last match when he was brought on to get out 10 and 11. There's no fear of Brett Lee by any Test playing nation.

We don't have a history of losing to Bangladesh, unlike some peoples records. :D

symonds_sixes said:
You know that? What nation have you played for to know that?
If there was fear, they'd all be struiggling to play him (A la McGrath) whereas bashing him around at an economy of 4.5 and at an average going from <30 to seemingly infinity, I doubt if anyone wakes up in the morning worried about the prospect of him playing. ODI's maybe, Tests, no chance.

MUFC1987 said:
If there was fear, they'd all be struiggling to play him (A la McGrath) whereas bashing him around at an economy of 4.5 and at an average going from <30 to seemingly infinity, I doubt if anyone wakes up in the morning worried about the prospect of him playing. ODI's maybe, Tests, no chance.

He is more fearsome than what the English have produced this summer.

Iron-Haggis said:
He is more fearsome than what the English have produced this summer.

Typical bigoted Aussie response. Yes our bowlers have been poor, have we once denied that? The fact is that Lee has been just as poor this series and he's lucky that our batting line-up hasn't fired and that he's been backed up by Clark and Warne because otherwise he's be going at a lot more than the 4.5 an over that MUFC mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread