England in Australia

Wow we are on 11 consecutive Tests wins. Same with the 1983-85 West Indies team. So if we win the 5th test then we'll have 12 consecutive Tests wins and have the top 2 consecutive Tests wins of all-time :D How nice

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/TESTS/RESULTS/CONSECUTIVES/CONSECUTIVE_TEST_WINS.html

16 Australia Harare 1999/00 to Mumbai 2000/01
11 Australia* Melbourne 2005/06 to Melbourne 2006/07
7 Australia Colombo (PSS) 2002/03 to Melbourne 2002/03
6 Australia Brisbane 2004/05 to Christchurch 2004/05
5 Australia Adelaide 2001/02 to Cape Town 2001/02

Dalrymple in the squad now. It would be nice if Jones, Dalrymple, Joyce, Pietersen and Strauss all played. Because then 45% of the English team wouldnt have even been born in England.

cricketmad09 said:
Dalrymple in the squad now. It would be nice if Jones, Dalrymple, Joyce, Pietersen and Strauss all played. Because then 45% of the English team wouldnt have even been born in England.

Are you just trying to make people argue?

cricketmad09 said:
It's not like Australia's top scorer in the last test was born in England or anything is it? If there's one thing I can't stand it's hypocrisy.

For your information, Australia also have a history of picking players born outside the country, and there were three of them in last year's Under-19 World Cup! Just leave it, because every time one of you Aussies goes on about this you look like idiots, especially as all but one of those players has at least one English parent and have British citizenship.

cricketmad09 said:

Oh go and troll somewhere else. We've had this debate thousands of times.

Wow, seems like we've hit a sore point. I don't think it would be inaccurate to say that England use more 'foreigners' than Australia. Yeah it's a bit of an old joke now, but that's no reason to jump all over a guy for bringing it up, just my opinion...

It shouldn't affect the cricket that is played. So getting the thread back on track...It'll be interesting to see who England go with. I'd like to see Dalrymple play - only because I haven't seen him yet and it's just another guy we can scar :) But if he can bat a bit, that would be very handy. At present the England tail starts at 6, and bringing in Saj at 8 to bolster the tail has been a disaster so far. So for me bring in Dalrymple for Saj and for goodness sake give Monty a lot of bowling and a lot of support with the field settings.

sifter132 said:
Wow, seems like we've hit a sore point. I don't think it would be inaccurate to say that England use more 'foreigners' than Australia. Yeah it's a bit of an old joke now, but that's no reason to jump all over a guy for bringing it up, just my opinion...

Normally I wouldn't mind but it's the fact that he's raised a point which had already been raised 5 times at the very least in this thread and people like him seem intent on calling our players non-english when in fact, they are English.

OK I am doing something risky here...

To the aussies visiting this thread:

It was said that Monty would recieve a lot of rasicm in Australia; how did you react when you first saw Monty and what about your friends and family...I am asking since I am curious and if you think it is a stupid question, just ignore it.

Well a few of my Australian contacts on MSN have said that they love Monty and he is really popular in Australia. The only hint of racism they can remember was that small affair in one of the warm-up games.

And that was nothing to be honest, I've been called a lot more than a "stupid indian" before.

I quite like him. The way he enjoys his cricket is great to watch. He entertains the crowd, like Warne.

Yes, I like him because of that reason too.

I think the media were harsh to Australians when they said they would be racist.

Users who are viewing this thread