England in Australia

lets face it they do have a history of it not that i think their all racists or anything

That's a bit naive of you seeing as us Brits don't exactly have the cleanest of slates either.

when were we racist? do u mean the barmy armys songs chants e.t.c? there hardly as as what went on with South Africa and i was just saying you can't blame the media for building up the chances of them having a go at monty

Last edited:
evertonfan said:
Well a few of my Australian contacts on MSN have said that they love Monty and he is really popular in Australia. The only hint of racism they can remember was that small affair in one of the warm-up games.

How can you not love him?

:hpraise

evertonfan said:
When your name is Duncan Fletcher or Andrew Flintoff.

I really don't think we know the whole facts about it, for Duncan to call Monty the best finger spinner in the world then leave him out defies everything I know about praising someone.

I think that people undervalued Michael Vaughans captaincy. He would have been more sensble whilst Freddie i feel wanted to play his friends over the best players

The forecast is not looking good for Sydney test.

Tuesday: Rain/ Heavy at Times

City: Min: 13 Max: 17
West: Min: 10 Max: 20

Wednesday: Thunder/ Rain

City: Min: 11 Max: 18
West: Min: 10 Max: 19

Thursday: Rain

City: Min: 11 Max: 18
West: Min: 9 Max: 19

Friday: Rain Easing

City: Min: 12 Max: 18
West: Min: 10 Max: 19

Last edited:
wahey! if it stays like this we will have an unbeaten record against Australia in the last test of the series thats lasted 6 years

Left_Hander said:
I quite like him. The way he enjoys his cricket is great to watch. He entertains the crowd, like Warne.
Agreed,appears that he is the only member of the English team that is enjoying the cricket atm and always remaining optimistic despite hard times.

manee said:
Yes, I like him because of that reason too.

I think the media were harsh to Australians when they said they would be racist.

They didn't specifically say the Australians are "racist" and will racially taunt Monty but they said that it could be a chance due to the past events related to racist taunts in recent years.

Leicester Fox said:
lets face it they do have a history of it not that i think their all racists or anything

In all honesty, there are a fair proportion of the population racist in many western world countries so you can't just label the Australians as being racist.

i was just making the point that you can't blame the media for expecting Monty to get a hard time in Australia even though he didn't

Users who are viewing this thread