England in Australia

zimrahil said:
I agree with this, does competitive sport exist at all at English schools anymore ?

To a degree. Up until about 13 competitive sport is mostly wiped out, after that however you do play to win instead of incorporate.

You can also still play for a club outside of school that will after the age of 10 normally be in leagues and not just friendlies. School stuff is nearly always friendlies.

zimrahil said:
I agree with this, does competitive sport exist at all at English schools anymore ?

Well I'd say our school football and rugby teams were 'competitive' in the right sorts, but when you can't play proper Rugby till 12/13 anyway and can only play touch rugby...

In snooker I was taught to be gracious in defeat or victory, I was, but I still had fire in the game itself. Flintoff and Lee are good examples of combining aggression and sportsmanship.

Should be interesting to see if JD plays, I'll be watching tonight maybe an hour or so, I'm shattered so may not make it*.

*prepares tombstone.

How can people not stay up for this test. You can't watch England get hammered for 4 matches and then not watch this match whilst we've got a chance of winning.

Warneys and McGrath are legends but i'm going to be bloody happy when their careers are over Come on England

England batting 1st shows Flintoffs absolute incompetence as a captain. he's one of the worst we've ever had yet one of thebest players we've ever had. Botham had the same problem as captain. Is Jim Maxwell really on the radio. the bloke off all the EA cricket games? what station?

Well just came back and what do you know we get a wicket. Must be a lucky charm :)
At least Strauss can't say he was out from another umpiring shocker.

If seems that only the weather can prevent a whitewash for England, although it's only lunch at the first day. And it seems that this was the highest opening partnership England had, so not all is lost.

Previous matches have gone a bit like this manner, but I do hope England will give a great fightback, so we'll see a tight finish at the fifth day.

:crying i don't want a tight finish i want an innings win for England, Shane warne to get 0 wickets, Mcgrath to get 0 wickets and Justin Langer to get a pair :p

:crying i never get what i want

the barmy army showing why their the best fans in the world once again.

Users who are viewing this thread