England in Australia

Leicester Fox said:
:crying i don't want a tight finish i want an innings win for England, Shane warne to get 0 wickets, Mcgrath to get 0 wickets and Justin Langer to get a pair :p

:crying i never get what i want

the barmy army showing why their the best fans in the world once again.

I think someone wanted this wish, but the Santa Claus gave it wrongly to the opposite side in the previous Test.

Collingwood and Flintoff are there and Flintoff is scoring quick runs. Which means he can get out quick too.

i love flintoff when he's like this. he's one of the most destructive players in the world when he gets his eye in

what did i just say.stick it to them superfred.

you're still a useless captain though

Worst in the world ever isnt he ;)

why hasnt he played like this all series if he played aggresivly and captained aggressivly like this instead of being so defensive things would be alot better for england.

When the captain is a wimp and too defensive the rest of the team follows his lead.

Flintoff definitely looking good so far, that 6 of Clark was top notch as it didn't look like he hit it all that hard.

Flintoff is to worried about doing something shockingly bad like Hussain bowling first in 2002 so he never takes any risks. Strauss would have been a better choice and Vaughan was the best caaptain in the world. I never realised just how crucial his captaincy was to us until this series. and vaughan wouldn't have hd any of this crap with KP about the batting order. he would have said your'e batting at 4. thats it. Flintoff is great at just pushing it for 6 and 4

I kinda wanted England to win for their fans. But with 3 Aussies retiring, I want Aussies to go 5-0. A draw would do neither any good.

Leicester Fox said:
is this "time to say goodbye "song meant to make us sad :crying because i'm about to wet myself laughing. :D

am i the only Englishman having an all nighter?

did any one else just hear about Bumbles gay bar experience. WORRYING

I wanna hear Bumble :(

Apparently bumble went into a bar on new years eve and a man in leather straps was kissing people for new years there was more but i can't remember it

I think he made the right choice in batting first this time.

Its just his openers didnt do their job and stick around for 20 - 30overs to see off the new ball.
Sure theres movement and day 2 is perfect for batting.
But you dont want to bat last in the 4th innings at the scg.
It gets too slow and hard to score runs.

If freddie and collers can stay in till the end of the day then we'll have done ok

bad light get in!

Match is still very much in the balance here, a few quick wickets would tip it well and truely into our hands.

then again a big partnership could put us in control. When you're 4-0 down in the series you'll take this score though

Well Flintoof had a strong innings at the end and they hung on for a while to keep England in this match!

Flintoff isn't known for making big scores. His known for getting fifties and then getting out. I did enjoy that six off Clark though, because I'm not much of a Clark fan. I don't think he belongs and all of his success will come undone once McGrath and Warne are gone. The same thing I reckon will happen to Lee, although I don't have anything against Lee; I think Clark is a bit of a dud and I'm supprised Pietersen hasn't given him a bit of a hiding yet.

I hope McGrath and Warne wrap it up early tomorrow and give Punter the best chance to get that batting average over 60 again.

Sman-21 said:
Dont know why all the poms hate "The Sherminator" (Bell)
Sure his footwork is non existant and he has too many dot balls but he is doing the job and getting a decent score most times he goes out there.
Reminds me of Justin Langer early in his career never looks comfortable at the crease but still gets a decent score.
Stick with him and as his confidence grows and he cements his spot he will pick up the pace a little more.

haha as i type he gets out again failing to carry on.
Great bowling grandpa mcgrath.

I love (not that way) Ian Bell, his hundreds in the summer were droolworthy.

His footwork does improve, but compare him in this Ashes to the last Ashes and he's improved so much, could do with a hundred though.

I have no doubt we'll stick with him Sman, him and Cook can have great England careers and be a strong part of our top 3 for a long time.

Decent day for England, I watched a bit of it but with the rain I toddled up to bed, saw the toss and expected us to bowl, maybe a good choice to bat as I expected us to get another 150-200 all out score.

I would've watched more highlights but sky changed their schedule so I only saw the last bit of the evening session. Bell seemed to have a good day and he spoke sense in his interview afterwards, Kp had an unusual innings, one 4 in 41 is odd.

Fred looked good but he does struggle vs the new ball, at least he's got to 41 though so is in a bit before he plays, although it's a new day so....

400 would be fab, 350 is more likely.

Users who are viewing this thread