England in Australia

I still can't believe we let Symonds get a 100. He looked like getting out every ball at the start of his innings but as ususal England can never make the most of their good work. Sums up England on this tour really; They've had the chances to get on top of Australia but they refuse to take it.

When I went to sleep Symonds was sounding like he'd get out on every ball. In fact I was so sure that he'd get out early that when I saw the score this morning before the scorecard I would of sworn blindly that Gilchrist or Warne was on fire.

Symonds does not suck. That is a pretty stupid comment. He is one of the best all-round crickets in the world. He hasn't been able to defend in tests for long before going for big shots and getting himself out, but today he did well. He picked the right balls to play big shots to. There arn't many better fielders, arn;t many players who bowl spin and medium and are accurate and effective at both and not many can match his power with the bat.

I didn't think it seemed like he was going to get out every ball. He looked alright to me.

Something that I realy think cost England was the captaincy. It was pretty poor really. The bowlers were rotated poorly, the fields were crap, just everything really.

The ball didnt really spin for Monty, he was ineffective today. The fields for him were poor, but he still didn't live up to this expectation which has been played on him.

I don't think there are major problems with the England team. I just think this Australian team is at its best. 100% best. Every player has stepped up and contributed in the games so far. They are all over the English. Not one Aussie player can say, man I am not having the best series, they are all fantastic. No side in the world would stand a chance. This has to be one of the strongest sides of all time.

valvolux said:
What comedy...big Roy with a test ton. Who can't hit a ton against this english attack? QUOTE]umm..Justin Langer couldn't....umm..Brett Lee couldn't....umm..Ricky Ponting couldn't...umm Michael Hussey couldn't..umm..Michael Clarke couldn't...................................................................................................................Please before you start bagging "BIG ROY" or English bowling attacks stop living in the past and just appreciate the fact that he did score a ton when none of the above mentioned players could

irottev said:
Symonds does not suck. That is a pretty stupid comment. He is one of the best all-round crickets in the world. He hasn't been able to defend in tests for long before going for big shots and getting himself out, but today he did well. He picked the right balls to play big shots to. There arn't many better fielders, arn;t many players who bowl spin and medium and are accurate and effective at both and not many can match his power with the bat.

I didn't think it seemed like he was going to get out every ball. He looked alright to me.

QUOTE]HEAR HEAR!!

I don't think he was aiming to slate Roy, he was just laughing at England's bowling attack and in all honesty he has a point. Any team who Symonds can score a Test 100 against must be below-par to say the least.

Actually, apart from Damien Martyn I think every other noted Australian batsman has made a century in the series now.

Symonds played brilliantly, the best I've seen of him. Wouldn't it be a classic if Warne were to rack up a century?

I think Flintoff needs to be either dropped or talked out of being the Captain. I trust him less than I did at the start of the series. If his ankle injury is quite severe, then he shouldn't be playing anyway. I'd rather lose 5-0 and have Flintoff fully fit for the World Cup.

evertonfan said:
he was just laughing at England's bowling attack and in all honesty he has a point. QUOTE]Wow!! you should work for the English press(or do you??) 15 months ago they were the geatest thing since sliced bread!

Last edited:
irottev said:

Something that I realy think cost England was the captaincy. It was pretty poor really. The bowlers were rotated poorly, the fields were crap, just everything really.

The ball didnt really spin for Monty, he was ineffective today. The fields for him were poor, but he still didn't live up to this expectation which has been played on him.

I don't think there are major problems with the England team. I just think this Australian team is at its best. 100% best. Every player has stepped up and contributed in the games so far. They are all over the English. Not one Aussie player can say, man I am not having the best series, they are all fantastic. No side in the world would stand a chance. This has to be one of the strongest sides of all time.
Great analysis! :happy but you forgot to mention that Symonds would be one of the best/safest catches in world cricket ;)

skinnywicket said:
evertonfan said:
he was just laughing at England's bowling attack and in all honesty he has a point. QUOTE]Wow!! you should work for the English press(or do you??) 15 months ago they were the geatest thing since sliced bread!

Yes, and 15 months ago we also had Simon Jones, a fully fit and firing Andrew Flintoff and a captain who knew how to use them properly.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Actually, apart from Damien Martyn I think every other noted Australian batsman has made a century in the series now.

Your right, whereas only 3 England batsmen have reached 3 figures.

I'm not usually a fan of Symonds - I have protested his selection in the Test side everytime he's been picked. But he deserves credit yesterday, a really good innings. It wasn't like his 72 last year, when he just needed to come in and slog with no pressure. This time England had their tail up and he had to fight for his runs.

Well done Roy boy - and he's not finished yet. I can't think of a better guy to have looking for quick runs while batting with the tail - apart from Hussey of course.

Poor Monty yesterday, he really did get shafted by Flintoff. He only got 12 overs and as soon as he was on the field was defensive. Considering Symonds attack on him in Perth, they really needed to keep the field up to see if he would try the same tactics.

symonds played well but i don't understand why monty was under-used, if its only cause roy smashed him last time thats poor. cos eventually he got the wicket, so what more is needed, i would still have liked to see dalrymple get a game, especially flintoff still may have that ankle injury

Users who are viewing this thread