England in Australia

ZexyZahid said:
It is really great to see the Australian openers just attacking instead of defending like the English openers.
It's interesting how they do it, I'd love to see some analysis of their strategies, because it's more than just luck. There's a lot of streaked and edged drives that just stay down, take for example, the first runs on the board. The ball was hardly in the air at all and ran straight through the gap between slips and gully, as if it were a totally controlled shot. He does it time and time again, as if the edge of his bat is the face. Similarly, Hayden frequently dodges lbws by being a big man who stands outside his crease and takes a big stride in. Again, time and time again, Langer flays and flashes his way to 30 or 40, while Hayden ponderously gets his eye in, only to unleash a powerful innings in which no silly mid off can stop the runs.

Good day for Australia.
If they have a good day tommorrow then this test most likely will be theirs.
England need wickets tommorrow, Flintoff looked good so he wil have to do it for England.
Warne got turn so maybe there will be turn for Panesar.
England need a good morning either way.

We should never have batted first, should've bowled and risked batting vs Warne in the 4th innings, the pitch and conditions seemed perfect for Hoggard. Oh well, Strauss did ok but bar that no one really stood out. I can see this being a 3 day test, vital 2 wickets at the end. We need to bowl them out for nothing more than 175.

Monty batting up the order \o/ Monty not quite dispatching Warne/o\ and last but not least the size of the outfield /o\

Well done Australia, I see cracks but we aren't exploiting them.

aussie1st said:
Both gone by very good balls by Freddy, hes starting to fire up again. Not the greatest ball to bowl when on a hattrick.

Lol what a field setting by Flintoff 3 short legs.

That's set up for a joke :D

aussie1st said:
Read out to a juicy wide one, pretty similar to one that Jones got out too :)

He made 3 though.... :D :crying

Guess who I'm going to mention.

What I dont get is England couldnt even buy a boundary yet the Aussies can just get 4's?

Btw, did they get fours I went sleep on the couch befor England got out lol?

The Aussie bowling is too good. They don't gift fours. All of them have to be earned.

::SolidSnake:: said:
What I dont get is England couldnt even buy a boundary yet the Aussies can just get 4's?

who do you want to know if they got fours england or aussies? Harmy and Hoggard played a couple of good pulls for 4 and aussies were hitting fours from the start

Yeah thats what I mean the Aussies just start hitting fours I mean like I was thinking this aroud Lunch in my head that 'I bet when Aussies bat fours will fly off the bat no matter how slow outfeild is, but England it just doesnt happen'

I dont get it.

well england batted after it had rained, thus the ground was wet, when aus batted it hadnt rained for about 5 hours.

I went today, wow the atmosphere for warne was enormous! when langer took off his hat i couldnt stop laughing. The whole day was ruined though because i was sitting in front of an almighty tool. Im sure everyone here knows them, they're the person who thinks he knows a lot about cricket and wants everyone around him to know aswell, even though he knows very very little. The amount of times he was as he put it "stoked" that some obviously not out decisions were given not out was atrocious.

Either way, great day for the Aussies, 4 - 0 here we come

I got off at work at 4:30 so I just went and watched like a hour of it and got to see the last 5 wickets go down for England :cheers. I just went home after they got bowled out, because I just wanted to try and beat the crowd going home on the train. If we are still batting by the end of tomorrow I think this Test may be over.

Flintoff Rocks said:
We should be able to bowl Australia out for 200. No questions asked.

Why, the Aussie batting lineup is way stronger than England's, Hussey and Ponting alone are on fire, and if Hayden gets his eye in you can see the Aussies getting 400+ this test.

Meh, all we need is to get Ponting and Hussey out for ducks and then get rid of Gilchrist cheaply and we'll be in the game. Can't see the problem.

::SolidSnake:: said:

The main reason the Aussies were able to "buy" boundaries was because of the time of the day. Early on session 1 n 2 were both affected by rain which makes the grass sloppy, but usually it tends to get the ball going faster than a drier outfield which the Aussies batted with at the end.

I find it peculiar that with the wetness of the pitch and the field that there werent many fours scored.

Also the reason there weren't many fours by the poms was because of the pitch. it was damp and slow which meant the batsmen had to wait for the ball more onto the bat and they often mis-times their strokes because theyre poms

Bah, The reason I said this was because I have seen it on the most batting friendly pitches England bat then cant score oppisition comes in just smashes it about like its nothing.

I swear it always happens to the side im cheering on :(

ThePAW said:
Why, the Aussie batting lineup is way stronger than England's, Hussey and Ponting alone are on fire, and if Hayden gets his eye in you can see the Aussies getting 400+ this test.

400 on that pitch would be an amazing score and effort, given the form of some bowlers that might happen, doubt it though.

Users who are viewing this thread