England in India - Oct to Jan 2012/13

ricky87

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Gifted this game to them really with those 12 extras and the final 2 overs.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Kohli and Ashwin's form is a worrying sign. Ashwin has been horrible since the start of England test series.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
I actually don't blame our batting this time as they tried their best, I'm just worried about Virat's form otherwise it was ok. :thumbs

Must say well-bowled Tredwell :cheers

I would like to blame Ishant for his horrific death bowling, I am still shocked how come Samit Patel suddenly hit so many heroic shots :eek:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its official! India is now immersed in complete shite!

Has Duncan booked his return flight tickets yet? Hope he has started packing his bags along with the entire background staff. I am so sure it has got something to do with the management. The same team which was performing so well when Gary and his team were there, have plunged to horrible horrible depths that its grossly pathetic now. We are worser than a minnow side now.

Our domestic setup can't be that bad that we have fallen to these levels. Duncan and his team HAS TO GO!! And the more these losses come in, the more it makes the case for Dhoni losing all captaincy (even though he is good enough to captain India in the shorter formats).

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shravi, I understand your frustration and I feel the same but I am not one of those who feels that what Kirsten did was surprising or it cannot be done again. It's been said many a times "A coach doesn't make a team, team makes the coach". While Kirsten was part of the team, we still had the likes of Dravid and Laxman in tests and Sachin and Sehwag in ODI's and that too performing on consistent basis. In spite of saying this, Kirsten connected well with the team perhaps due to the less age gap and that's basically the main task for any coach. If the team doesn't connect with the coach or vice versa, positive results cannot be expected.

@Yudi - I echo what you say. Although the thing that worries me about Ganguly is his temperament. He can at times be a little outspoken and that might serve as negative to the team but even then, he's the best man to coach this team with the youngsters requiring a bit of help from an experienced player. He has done this before, that time as the captain.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Yes, Saurav ganguly is the only man now who can bring this team back to its best ways. He knows most of the team mebers personally, he has played with them. So I reckon he could be the best coach India ever had :thumbs

I still say, Rohit, Jadeja and DInda, and even Gambhir has to go out of the team... Bring in Monoj Tiwary, Ambati Rayudu, Irfan Pathan & Umesh Yadav :cheers

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I actually don't blame our batting this time as they tried their best, I'm just worried about Virat's form otherwise it was ok. :thumbs

Must say well-bowled Tredwell :cheers

I would like to blame Ishant for his horrific death bowling, I am still shocked how come Samit Patel suddenly hit so many heroic shots :eek:

Kohli has been in the best form from before the WC 2011. You got to give him a break, man. He is busy finding ways to talk to Tamana.

Ashwin, has been poor. He is not a ODI or Test spinner. We is good when you attack him. He not the right person to have. I would rather have had Bhajji or Ohja bowling

I didn't watch the match, but I knew it was on a new ground so it was bound to be high scoring.

And great to see Yuvraj Singh playing well. And my favourite Indian player Suresh Raina, got longer than usual so he made a good contribution. It would rather he was further up the order. I can see him scoring a half century of 80-90 at 3. Only if Kohli opened.

Ok the coaching has been bad, but lets not blame it for the loss against Pakistan and now England. You have nothing in your bowling whatsoever. B.Kumar looked good against Pakistan, but like I said in a previous thread on a pitch that is not swinging he is horrendous (proven today). Ashwin. I mean come one. Too much variation, very predictable line. Dinda, I am not even going to start on him. Yuvraj has been pretty decent with the ball. But you are playing 4 pure bowlers and expect your 5th to be a part timer. Come on seriously.

Last edited:
S

Satan666

England 1-0.

Not a close match, actually shows how low the Indian standard of international play has dropped. At this rate NZ/WI would beat them comprehensively and Bangladesh would also win against the Indians. Not sure what is the problem but its high time for an overhaul of management.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Slight overreaction from the India fans. You lost to the no.1 ranked side in ODI cricket, and by a tight margin at that. For a lot of our innings I didn't think we were scoring quickly enough. When Yuvraj was hitting it and then when Dhoni was in I thought India would ease home. I'm sure you will come back strongly in the second game.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Even if England win this I still couldn't care less. Just in case any of the posters who seem to think most English fans dislike ODI cricket because we're rubbish feel like piping up :p

Number 1 ranked ODI team, and I still think it's a dead format ;)

*Grabs his club and puts on his trolling cap*

This really has been quite the "revenge series" :cheers

... and pretty sure I tried to suggest during the Pakistan and Sri Lanka series that this England team would learn from their mistakes and be ready for their India tour ;)

bigred

Club Captain
Good win, but doesn't feel a tenth as good as 2-1 in the test series. still think we'll lose 3-2.

Users who are viewing this thread