Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Well it's not always easy to grip the ball effectively in the wet anyway. But it's probably a reason to do with the conditions, seeing as England would usually jump at the chance to bowl in a seam conducive environment, especially in India.

aussie1st said:
I take its not very over cast because the English have decided to bat first.

Conditions are not overcast. Its bright and sunny out there.

James219 said:
Well it's not always easy to grip the ball effectively in the wet anyway. But it's probably a reason to do with the conditions, seeing as England would usually jump at the chance to bowl in a seam conducive environment, especially in India.

I think they expect the wicket to turn on day 4 or so and they might also think it would be tough to bat on a last day wicket

Yeah that's true, just thought of that. They'd want to restrict the Indian spinners from gaining confidence and finding rhythm as much as they possibly can, particulalry if the conditions dry out, which will probably happen judging from your description of the day.

Munaf is alright, but cant swing the ball like Pathan. Maybe an early wicket will boost his confidence :D

I think we are in for another boring test, unless the spinners turn it on.

Last edited:
Absolutely! I cant bear this. Another dead slow and low wicket which is great for batting. No bounce whatsoever. Wonder what the hullabo was all about on a seaming track being prepared for this test? Probably the media just guessed on the history of Mohali!

If India restricts England to less than 350, good job done!

saisrini80 said:
http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1443519.cms
And we have our potential fastest bowler "Abid Nabi" coming up (he is travelling with the team now for experience!). So our bowling department has promise. Now they have to be exposed to seperate the men from the boys!
Abid Nabi plays for J&K, right? Wow! The Indian think tank has certainly shown signs of improvement by looking into the lesser states like Kerala and J&K. Also its an positive move by handing Piyush Chawla his test cap. Way to go!

cook goneee, pathan on fireeeeee
i'll go watch the game :D

saisrini80 said:
Absolutely! I cant bear this. Another dead slow and low wicket which is great for batting. No bounce whatsoever. Wonder what the hullabo was all about on a seaming track being prepared for this test? Probably the media just guessed on the history of Mohali!

add the weather condition to that, it'll make it miserable.. it is going to rain for the next four days, so its going be a delay-start-delay-continue type.

What are the chances of rain happening during an important series? I can't believe it. Why is this isolated rain choosing this time to strike? Argh.

Neither Munaf nor Chawla were exposed before lunch. This is good from Dravid. He needs to ease them up slowly. They are unknown quantities and we should see what we can do with our other players before using the unknown quantity.

saisrini80 said:

There was a seaming track They just used the other one. Result pitch indeed...
I'm unhappy that the TMS radio commentary team don't have a TV monitor in their commentary box meaning they don't get to see replays, stats, frequently don't know what's going on. The box is at fine leg and they freely admit they just have to guess what the deliveries are doing. What is going on?

I think the honours are even at the moment, two wickets earlier on for Irfan Pathan and now Ian Bell and Kevin Pietersen are steadying the England ship. I just hope that the weather doesn't affect this test match too much. The lights are on and it all looks rather dull at the moment.
In another thread I said that 'Nimbus' attempt at using Hawkeye without it actually being it was dreadful'. Now from what I've seen this morning they have Hawkeye!

England are certainly finding the boundary today and that's a good thing, Pietersen and Bell doing extremely well and are getting into the swing of it.

What did just happen is Pathan didn't appeal for an LBW that was plumb in all respects, against Pietersen. The commentators were quite baffled as to why a vociferous appeal was missing, although the pad-bat may have caused some confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread