Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
The match is evenly poised at the moment.Hope weather does not play the spoilsport.

barmyarmy said:
They're saying on TMS that they don't think Bell saw that delivery from Kumble. Apparently he just stood there and let it hit the stumps.
I think he misread the delivery out of the hand. Had it been a leg break, as he expected, it would have been a good leave due to the length. I think it was a top spinner though, as it drifts into off stump off of the seam.

It was his googly. Bowled with two fingers and out the back of his hand. Pitched just outside off and came back in, it was not the best of leaves from Bell, and was essentially just an error in judgement.

Was the standard for English batsman today, get a start and then get out when not looking in any trouble at all.

Munaf held a stunning return catch, and the end of the day England were 150 odd for 4, Freddie and Collyflower batting...

india are in control, knock over the lower order and tail and then they look to score more confident to get a big score with a small lead

grrrr..weather played a spoiltsport today :(

anyways.. good bowling by the indians :)
esp bells wicket lol ! he was completely deceived :p
patels catch was also cool..

todays one-line review : Indians are clearly on top :D

jk16_4 said:
todays one-line review : Indians are clearly on top :D
I wouldn't go that far, we've just lost our 4th Wicket for 160 runs, which isn't bad, we should be able to post 350 easily enough and with only 6 batsmen, I'd be worried if I were India.

MUFC1987 said:
I wouldn't go that far, we've just lost our 4th Wicket for 160 runs, which isn't bad, we should be able to post 350 easily enough and with only 6 batsmen, I'd be worried if I were India.
Its not easy mate,
Flintoff and Collingwood have to make a good partnership plus the tail has to kick in with some runs as well

RoboRocks said:
Its not easy mate,
Flintoff and Collingwood have to make a good partnership plus the tail has to kick in with some runs as well
I didn't say it was easy. I just fail to see how 160-4 is such a terrible position, especially when Collingwood is still in after scoring 180 or so runs in the First test wthout being dismissed!

The game can go anyway as far as the current position for both teams is concerned.The England seamers will be happy to bowl in the overcast conditions.Indian spinners might be handy in the 2nd innings.Munaf will have to bowl good at the English tail to restrict the visitors to a not so impressive total.

Was thinking of a dull day but in the end, it seems Pietersen and the Indian bowlers had a good fight and the Indian bowlers have won round 1.

As far as day 1 is concerned, India are ahead, no doubt abt that! 160 odd for 4 is advantage India! But that doesnt mean England are in a terrible position. We all saw how England came back from 246-7 to 393 all out! And this pitch is almost exactly like Nagpur, in fact even better to bat than nagpur. So if Collingwood and Flintoff bat well tomorrow, I dont see how England cant reach 400.

Munaf took a great catch! Wow.. When he is reversing at his speed, he seems lethal. I would say India open tomorrow with Munaf and make as much use of the old ball with Munaf's speed. I still thought Munaf didnt bowl to his full potential speed. Anyways, above average start for him.

Well, Piyush might not have had a good start becoz Pietersen tonked him but still to get off with just an economy of 4 runs per over meant that not much of psychological blows inflicted on him. He fielded well today and was most often willing to dive and save runs. Good effort from him on his first day of international cricket! I think he can improve.

newzolt said:
The game can go anyway as far as the current position for both teams is concerned.The England seamers will be happy to bowl in the overcast conditions.Indian spinners might be handy in the 2nd innings.Munaf will have to bowl good at the English tail to restrict the visitors to a not so impressive total.

I think Munaf is now a weapon for India! Dravid has to use him well tomorrow. How good would it have been had Sreesanth been here with Munaf and Pathan? Sreesanth has pace too and is more experienced than Munaf. Sreesanth also can reverse the ball. So would have been tricky for England to face two seamers from both ends reversing the ball!

How quick is Munaf??? Dint watch the match today.. , is he quicker than Sreesanth? Sreesanth's pace seems to vary a lot. In some of the later ODIs in pak he was hardly touching 130 wheras in the earlier ones he almost touched 140.

If the weather doesn't clear up this will be another draw, although at the close of play India do have the advantage I reckon tommorow England will start over again and play much better with the bat, it would be nice to see Flintoff get a decent innings and congratulations to him on the birth of Corey :)

varunvgiri said:
How quick is Munaf??? Dint watch the match today.. , is he quicker than Sreesanth? Sreesanth's pace seems to vary a lot. In some of the later ODIs in pak he was hardly touching 130 wheras in the earlier ones he almost touched 140.
His fastest ball, a yorker which nearly got Bell, was 145 kph (90mph). Pretty quick. On average however, he is usually 87/88 mph.

Users who are viewing this thread