Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
If Kumble's spin can succeed Chawla definitely has a future, though he is a bit raw at the moment and needs to work out on some finer aspects of his bowling.India has to handle him with utmost care.

I still think this kid has a lot of promise! He is young, raw and inexperienced. If you had watched the U-19 World Cup final, he bowled a googly that turned in very sharply to take the outer part of off stump. It was a special delivery. That shows Chawla can do well in international arena as he grows in experience!

Today was his first day, so nerves also might have played some part to it. Lets see how he goes on! Its very harsh to pass a judgement on a player by just watching him on his first day at the office!

Best of Luck from me to Indian Players who are up for their debut Matches.

ZoraxDoom said:
He is good. Has googly is about as good as Kaneria's. A very odd looking action though. Almost like Paul Adams frog-in-a-blender action...

Here is a good article. I wonder if Youhannan (I was greatly impressed by him when I saw him play in a few ODIs against the Windies) and Sodhi will ever return...
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/current/story/240120.html

I didnt find his action odd (I didnt watch him bowl today, but watched the highlights of the U-19 final!).

Yohannan? No chance at all for him to come back. We have a good pool of fast bowlers right now like Munaf, VRV, Abid Nabi, RP Singh, Sreesanth and the experienced Pathan not to forget to slowly "gonna be forgotten" Agarkar and Zaheer Khan. Nehra and Balaji are waiting in the wings and havent done much wrong. We have a crop of 10 fast bowlers. Its not necessary to go beyond them looking for more!

Considering this is a first day pitch and Chawla was trying to not try too many things to start off with, I don't think you can judge him by his 5 overs so far. He has not really shown any of his variations, except for the odd googly. He got through KP brilliantly with a googly after being smacked down the ground for 4--just missed the off-stump by inches. I think we will only get a chance to gage Chawla's talent once he gets to settle down into a long spell of bowling. That may not happen in this match, since it is weather curtailed and we are playing 5 bowlers, but it may happen in the second innings.

The overcast condition could lead to some exciting cricket.England has a good pace attack.Munaf is very impressive on the Indian side.So taking 20 wickets is not that difficult, only light should be sufficient.But then no one knows....

ZexyZahid said:
Pretty slow innings of England yet. And I would say the initiative is on India now.

Somehow I think this will be a draw again. The weather could help it: http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/INXX0185.html

Well, I dont have much expectations on the forecast being true after what happened on the final two days at Nagpur. I hope we get in at least 3 more days of cricket and that might help either team to force a result.

I wish India dont bat at a snail's pace. I doubt England will take the risk. They are scoring at a usual test match fashion at just over 3 per over. If India can force the pace of their innings, they can get into a very good position. Sehwag has to fire badly this test match!

Great day for India! I'm impressed by this bowler, Manuf Patel. He bowled very well on his debut. This guy can reverse the ball and can bowl pretty good yorkers. One thing I noticed that his bowling action is similar to M. Asif. Hope he?ll take few more wickets tomorrow because I really want him to stay in the Indian team.

I did'nt see the match but sounds interesting....

MUFC1987 said:
I wouldn't go that far, we've just lost our 4th Wicket for 160 runs, which isn't bad, we should be able to post 350 easily enough and with only 6 batsmen, I'd be worried if I were India.

I'd say worried is a needless hyperbole.

Kratz said:
Great day for India! I'm impressed by this bowler, Manuf Patel. He bowled very well on his debut. This guy can reverse the ball and can bowl pretty good yorkers. One thing I noticed that his bowling action is similar to M. Asif. Hope he?ll take few more wickets tomorrow because I really want him to stay in the Indian team.

Good day for india ;) . If Collingwood and Flintoff can bat the first session tommorow then we're in the game. 400 would be a good score from now on, but a lot depends on the swing. Game on :D

ZoraxDoom said:
89.8 MPH precisely. Nearly got Colly (or Bell?), just flicked legstump after being dug out.

Was Colly, It didn't hit the stumps missed by about 2 inches, the spin made it look like it did.

-----

India on top, one thing I will say though, Don't expect our bowlers to roll over and die even if they only have 300 runs to play with, that attack in favourable conditions (weatherwise) like today could wreak havoc.

Key would = Could.

Users who are viewing this thread