Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Where did you get that it is Mrunaf? From the day I heard about him when he was making raves and then got injured, it's always been Munaf. Oh well, whatever. I cannot believe the weather. There was even an out-of-place spot of rain in Mumbai yesterday.

I'm afraid that this match has DRAW written all over it because of the weather. Unless India can pull of something magical the third test will be the decider.

Yeah, the forcast continues to be poor. Although India have been playing for a draw in this one ever since they rejected the green seaming wicket in favour of the slow, dead one.

Well, play has officially been abandoned for the second day due to the poor weather continuing. It'll be interesting to see how both sides re-act to the situation tomorrow. (If they get on the field)

barmyarmy said:
Yeah, the forcast continues to be poor. Although India have been playing for a draw in this one ever since they rejected the green seaming wicket in favour of the slow, dead one.

Well the pitch has not been that disappointing. When the team batting first is 180/5, how can you say that the match is heading for a draw.

Also, accoeding to prematch hype, one pitch was dusty and the other was green. Now there is no way that you can call this pitch dusty. How do you know the hype about the other was true??

This match could be heading for a draw because of the weather and not the pitch.

Let me tell you all that Munaf's only fifty cam in his debut FC match. We don't know if his batting is the same till now.

varunvgiri said:
Well the pitch has not been that disappointing. When the team batting first is 180/5, how can you say that the match is heading for a draw.

Also, accoeding to prematch hype, one pitch was dusty and the other was green. Now there is no way that you can call this pitch dusty. How do you know the hype about the other was true??

This match could be heading for a draw because of the weather and not the pitch.

They've batted poorly again. There's nothing wrong with the pitch from what I've heard.

But the general performance has been quite good.
It unlike we expected it to be.most of them expected England to have a whitewash which is unlikely.

There were some positives for England in that short day. Andrew Flintoff seems to have mildly shaken off the effects of becoming captain played a decent innings, we've only lost a wicket to a brilliant spinning delivery and Geraint Jones is being very watchful.
It amused me this morning when I switch on the television to see Nasser Hussain talking to the Sky Sports viewers under an umbrella in the pouring rain while here it was quite pleasent!

barmyarmy said:
They've batted poorly again. There's nothing wrong with the pitch from what I've heard.

No. The commentators have stated that the pitch is relatively flat with no assistance to pace bowlers and offers some assistance to spinners. Its neither a green track, nor a dusty pitch, its more like one of the pitches on which India Pak played their first two tests on.

cricket_lover said:
No. The commentators have stated that the pitch is relatively flat with no assistance to pace bowlers and offers some assistance to spinners. Its neither a green track, nor a dusty pitch, its more like one of the pitches on which India Pak played their first two tests on.

This pitch is defenitely not bad as the Pak ones. Anyone could score runs there. But some good bowling has put England under some pressure.

barmyarmy said:

Come on..

Cook, Bell and Collingwood did not get out to poor batting but rather to some great bowling. Only the Strauss dismissal can be said to be due to bad batting. Pieterson got out playing the way he always does, positively. It was just a great catch that stuck. Cant call that poor batting.

varunvgiri said:
Cook, Bell and Collingwood did not get out to poor batting but rather to some great bowling. Only the Strauss dismissal can be said to be due to bad batting. Pieterson got out playing the way he always does, positively. It was just a great catch that stuck. Cant call that poor batting.

I'd call shouldering arms to a ball that is going on to hit the stumps when there are no close fielders poor batting yes.
I haven't seen the Collingwood wicket.
Cook missed a straight and full one: it didn't move off the pitch or in the air.

Kumble bowled to Collingwood, it didn't turn a lot (Pitched middle and leg and hit middle). Collingwood just missed it for some reason.. :confused:

Drewska said:
Kumble bowled to Collingwood, it didn't turn a lot (Pitched middle and leg and hit middle). Collingwood just missed it for some reason.. :confused:

It didn't turn a lot, but, it turned enough and hit the top of off stump. You can see he clearly though it wasnt going to turn at all, and he played for the straight one. Just unfortunate, these things happen!

It's because batsmen usually treat him as a medium pace bowler and when he occasionally gets it to turn a little, they are bamboozled. Also, the ball to Bell was a good one. He deceived the batsman with his variation. I'd call that good bowling, also helped by poor batting.

I also remember when Bell left a slider from Warne in the Ashes. That too was good bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread