Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Yeah, it was a fantastic catch by Bell after being hit by a Yuvraj slog sweep. Danger man in now. England will really be in the box seat if the can remove Donhi tonight.

England have a sniff now :p. Superb catch by bell, diving to his left with one hand. England are sturggling with the 5th bowl though. Plunkett just bowled wide and was ineffective.

That's why we need Simon Jones.
Good position at the close though. 149/4 is a poor score especially considering they played an extra bowler so the tail is longer.

England nicely positioned. This current partnership could save or lose india the game - I think they've have missed their chance to win this one...it's either draw, or england win. The rate at which wickets fell in the afternoon says a result is imminent with 2 days to play - break the partnership, run through the bowlers than set them about 250-300 to win on the final day. What's the weather forecast? That could indeed have the final say.

valvolux said:
England nicely positioned. This current partnership could save or lose india the game - I think they've have missed their chance to win this one...it's either draw, or england win. The rate at which wickets fell in the afternoon says a result is imminent with 2 days to play - break the partnership, run through the bowlers than set them about 250-300 to win on the final day. What's the weather forecast? That could indeed have the final say.
It's raining all week. We might not get play on day 4.

Pathan can still bat, and our entire tail is useful. We still might concede a small lead, but Its the second innings in a match which is likely to be a draw due to rain.

The third test is India's! :happy

ZoraxDoom said:
Pathan can still bat, and our entire tail is useful. We still might concede a small lead, but Its the second innings in a match which is likely to be a draw due to rain.

The third test is India's! :happy

I wouldn't make a bold prediction like that. Remember you all thought it would be a 3-0 series whitewash you Indians! and England have played the better cricket in the 1.5 tests thus far!

JamesyJames3 said:
I wouldn't make a bold prediction like that. Remember you all thought it would be a 3-0 series whitewash you Indians! and England have played the better cricket in the 1.5 tests thus far!

Not sure you can say we've played better cricket in this test thus far...

India still have the upperhand, with Dravid at the other end. If Dhoni and Pathan can revolve around him, India can easily get a lead.
England will be looking to remove Dhoni and Pathan ASAP.

Day belongs to Kumble though, and his interview only confirms that he is still willing to play and "get to the landmark, sometime" (in reference to 600 wickets).

barmyarmy said:
Not sure you can say we've played better cricket in this test thus far...

I think I can if we are saying England had the moral advantage after the first test. And if we take into account the two sides on paper, England have performed better.

Users who are viewing this thread