• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
hondeyho said:
ARE YOU NUTS! Sehwag is so far having one of his worst series with the bat, surely you must of meant that? His highest score so far with the bat in three innings in 11.

It's sarcasm, look at his previous posts!

Doesn't sound very sarcastic to me. Gareth Batty, Sajid Mahmood, Owais Shah and Vikram Solanki have been called into England's one-day squad, fresh from the England 'A' Tour.

Dravid holds the key for India tommorow, Lets hope Dhoni can come up with some runs with fireworks. I also hope that Pathan and the tailenders can hang around for a bit and make useful contributions.

For now Englands got the upper hand, they have done well so far.

Strokemakers

saisrini80 said:
But if Dravid can hold an end up and fight like a maniac for the team, I prefer him anyday over our great superstar strokemakers who come and go so easily!

You are absolutely right Saisrini, Dravid is playing like God.

As for the "Superstar Strokemakers", it's high time they deliver.
Just look at the last six test innings of a couple of these "Superstar Strokemakers".

Sehwag:
31, 5, 4, 2, 0, and 11.

Endulkar
14, 23, 26, 16, 28*, and 4.

* Not Out.

sohummisra said:
There was a comment made earlier about Chawla being given a couple of test matches and then being relegated to the domestic level. If this is how he is treated, I feel our selectors are a bunch of idiots. The test match level is not something you come and try out. If the selectors aren't confident of his ability yet, they shouldn't have tried him out in the first place.

Secondly, I think we haven't seen the best of Chawla yet. He bowled only 9 overs and he was unlucky enough to bowl to Pietersen and Flintoff. All credit to the duo for treating the debutant bowler like they should have. And like India didn't do with Panesar. At this point, this match hangs in the balance, favoring England.

I think ur referring to me! After this test series, we are going to West Indies for a tour of 4 test matches or so. We need fast bowlers more in the West indies. We would just need two spinners there and even though Harbhajan is having a wretched form in the tests so far, its hard to see him being dumped in favour of Piyush Chawla. And you cant drop a guy like Kumble.

We are not sure if Piyush will play at Mumbai because India looks set to bring back Sreesanth in place of Piyush for Mumbai. So all in all, this might be Piyush's solitary test match in a long time. We dont have any more home test series coming. For abroad tours, we need to pack ourselves with more fast bowlers and so its tough for Piyush to have a long run as of now. So thats why I said he needs to go back to domestic cricket and keep improving!

saisrini80 said:
I thought Jones survived against Kumble. One ball which was a wrong'un from Kumble, I though it was going to hit leg stump. Hawk eye said height was a factor, but this was a low pitch with very less bounce. So I thought it was OUT!

Snicko and slower replays showed a slight inside edge mate.

Good ball from Harmison, but they've brought PLunkett on now and he's bowling wide and taking the pressure off india. Whats so good about PLunkett anyway? He got smashed around in Pakistan iirc.

Every bowler bowls a little wide in his first over, LP did well today imo.

is it just me, or has Strauss been quiet of late? i haven't seen him do anything of significance since the ashes.

3 reasons imo tsyrmas.

1) His wife was due and gave birth half way through the Pakistan tour.
2) Sub continent batting is very different from English, RSA and West Indies conditions.
3) His cover drives on the sub continent haven't been as effective and often resulted in wickets.

Those call ups for the ODI squad are intriguing.

Like to see Shah have a go as he plays spin very well indeed.

Saj is a decent pacer, but Kabir Ali deserves a chance as he is a very good OD Domestic player.

Bells catch today was phenomenal and one of the best you'll see for a while.

Last edited:
barmyarmy said:
Dravid is such an incredible player. He just scores runs non-stop. For me he is the best batsman in the world at the moment.
England winning this match and/or series depends on us finding a way of getting him out rather than just tying him up for runs.

Definitely! He is the best batsman in the world for sure! He has an amazing consistency matched by very few in modern day cricket!

Unless there is a collapse on either side or just some furious batting, it's hard to see a result. But Kumble has proved he's up there among the bowling greats. He is capable of catching up or exceeding McGrath, but he might retire.

Indian air force going over the stadium in Mohali is annoying, anybody know when India is putting a NO FLY ZONE in the future?

pal said:
Unless there is a collapse on either side or just some furious batting, it's hard to see a result. But Kumble has proved he's up there among the bowling greats. He is capable of catching up or exceeding McGrath, but he might retire.

I hope he crosses Mc Grath. He needs just 42 more wickets rite for that to happen? I hope he does! Many cricketing greats are predicting him to touch 600. I wont mind if he doesnt scale that peak. But at least surpass Mc Grath!

Wicket Keeper said:
Indian air force going over the stadium in Mohali is annoying, anybody know when India is putting a NO FLY ZONE in the future?

yes, it definitely was very annoying indeed! and there were 3-4 of them going around over the stadia and caused disruption in play

Wicket Keeper said:
Is the ground close to an air base? If so it might be on the approach to a runway.

I only have radio commentary, but whatever was flying past sounded very big and very low.

Good to see Harmison breaking into a rhythm with confidence in his bowling. An early strike is what was required, with a slightly weakened Indian batting line-up, England'll won't be yielding their advantage too easily.

210/5. Panesar given some harsh treatment.
Plunkett is in the attack, can he get a breakthrough?
Indians not exactly in the rhythm, either too defensive or a bit over-attacking. May be paying the price for the lack of the 6th batsman.

This pair should add another 50-60 runs to take India out of trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread