• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
FishBowlMan said:
Bear in mind that people like Waqar will produce significant reverse swing even on a damp, cold day in England in april on green pitches.

Well let's not talk about Waqar and co. produced reverse swing. I mean, the reverse swing they produced was not only swinging, but the amount it swung was enormous. I mean the reverse swing we see by Flintoff and Jones( the 2 finest exponents of reverse swing now) was nothing compared to that produced by waqar. The last time we saw that kind of swing was by Shoaib some time ago. And we all know how he produced that.

I know I'm gonna recieve a lot of flak for saying this but that swing cannot be by any other means other than by ball tampering. After the TV cameras became so prominent such extravagant reverse swing disapperared from International cricket. That itself is proof of that. Not to mention that some of the great exponents of that kind of swing were themselves caught on camera tampering the ball.

Plunkett goes, will be interesting to see Jones' approach from now on, although he may have confidence in Hoggard's ability.
Off Topic: On the cricinfo scorecard, it says lucn on day two....

Jones out. No. 499 for Kumble. Lets hope he get 500 this innings itself.

Harmisson out.... Thats 500 :clap :happy :cheers

England should send in Jones ONLY if Flintoff is at the other end. He's better off staying in the dressing room practicing his next dropped catch.

Panessar out. That no. 501. Great bowling by Kumble. Congrats to him for his 500 wickets and the grat 5 wicket hall. Great job cleaning up the tail.

Yay! 500 for Kumble.
Late strikes but good one's for India.
Kumble on a roll! he deserved more earlier but cameback very well!

varunvgiri said:
Well let's not talk about Waqar and co. produced reverse swing. I mean, the reverse swing they produced was not only swinging, but the amount it swung was enormous. I mean the reverse swing we see by Flintoff and Jones( the 2 finest exponents of reverse swing now) was nothing compared to that produced by waqar. The last time we saw that kind of swing was by Shoaib some time ago. And we all know how he produced that.

I know I'm gonna recieve a lot of flak for saying this but that swing cannot be by any other means other than by ball tampering. After the TV cameras became so prominent such extravagant reverse swing disapperared from International cricket. That itself is proof of that. Not to mention that some of the great exponents of that kind of swing were themselves caught on camera tampering the ball.

Are you saying that Jones and co. did something to the ball during the ashes? Surely not!! LOL

On topic: Kumble hets 500...and 501!! Could we see a huge 1st innings from the indians and a result on day 5! THings looked to be cruising towards a draw when flintoff was in there 30 odd runs ago, but now i'm not so sure. Nice little fight back from the indians.

He was very unlucky earlier in the day. Bowled brilliantly but did not get any rewards for it. But finally, he got what he desreved. He's such a great bowler. Cant wait for No. 600.

valvolux said:
Are you saying that Jones and co. did something to the ball during the ashes? Surely not!! LOL

Haloo..... did you read what i said?? I was Talking about how Waqar and co. got a lot more movement than Jones and co. and thereby implying ball tampering. Where in that post did you see me say anything about Jones and co. doing something to the ball..:rolleyes:

Brilliant effort by Kumble to wrap up England's innings in that fashion. Obviously hampered by a stop-start test, but looking through the scorecard, at least one of the English batsman could have taken it upon himself to go on with it, as they all set themselves up with decent starts. Nonetheless, 300 is not a bad total, considering it's the third day...

5/17 off 44 balls at the end. I'll have to retract what I said about the pitch as I'm now hearing that it is providing help for both spinners and seamers although it is still good to bat on.
This is the crucial session. We need Sehwag early again and then to roll India for under 300.

Lets see if sehwag gets going, then we could really win this game

varunvgiri said:
He was very unlucky earlier in the day. Bowled brilliantly but did not get any rewards for it. But finally, he got what he desreved. He's such a great bowler. Cant wait for No. 600.

Haloo..... did you read what i said?? I was Talking about how Waqar and co. got a lot more movement than Jones and co. and thereby implying ball tampering. Where in that post did you see me say anything about Jones and co. doing something to the ball..:rolleyes:

I was implying that Jones and co. did get the ball to swing just as much as Waqar and his pakistani mates did. Reverse swing of that magnitude isn't something that only comes around after a full moon when certain stars align themselves every 8 years....it's when something fishy is going on.

Anyway, off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
barmyarmy said:
5/17 off 44 balls at the end. I'll have to retract what I said about the pitch as I'm now hearing that it is providing help for both spinners and seamers although it is still good to bat on.
This is the crucial session. We need Sehwag early again and then to roll India for under 300.

The pitch isnt such a bad one afterall. Is it?

valvolux said:
I was implying that Jones and co. did get the ball to swing just as much as Waqar and his paki mates did. Reverse swing of that magnitude isn't something that only comes around after a full moon when certain stars align themselves every 8 years....it's when something fishy is going on.

Anyway, off topic.

Just get some old tapes and see for yourself who swings more.

On topic: Let's hope Sehwag gets going this time. He is long due for a big one.

varunvgiri said:
Let's hope Sehwag gets going this time. He is long due for a big one.

once he gets going its always a big one ;) he already hit two fours

I think I'll go watch the game
wtf everytime I watch the game on tv something bad happens :mad

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread