Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Good Bowling by Kumble picking up three wickets. Tomorrow in the first sessions is most important to India wheaher if Eng Survive playing the first session with freddie and Jones. India should pick up early wickets tomorrow and wrap the Eng Inning.

Im suprised everyone is ruling out an England victory. I know it is unlikely. But it is possible. Best bowling attack in the world. Final day pitch. Get 150+ run lead. I would be an interested spectator.

JamesyJames3 said:
Im suprised everyone is ruling out an England victory. I know it is unlikely. But it is possible. Best bowling attack in the world. Final day pitch. Get 150+ run lead. I would be an interested spectator.

Best bowling attack.... :D

Not on this pitch dude. Any attack on this pitch needs to have a man named ANIL KUMBLE to claim to be the best attack.

Without a quality spinner the English attack is toothless on this pitch...

varunvgiri said:
Best bowling attack.... :D

Not on this pitch dude. Any attack on this pitch needs to have a man named ANIL KUMBLE to claim to be the best attack.

Without a quality spinner the English attack is toothless on this pitch...

Monty has bowled like a quality spinner in this series.

Are you saying because India have Kumble they are the best bowling attack in the world? The word "fool" comes to mind... :rolleyes:

JamesyJames3 said:
Monty has bowled like a quality spinner in this series.

Are you saying because India have Kumble they are the best bowling attack in the world? The word "fool" comes to mind... :rolleyes:

I'm saying that India has the best bowling attack on THIS PITCH because they have Harbhajan and Kumble.

Monty hardly turned the ball at the end of the Indian innings while, even Kumble is turning square. Kumble and Harbhajan are two spinners in the worls that can use the bounce to the greatest effect. They are doing that with great effect.

If you go on making comments without reading properly, the word "fool" will come into everyones mind.

varunvgiri said:
I'm saying that India has the best bowling attack on THIS PITCH because they have Harbhajan and Kumble.

Monty hardly turned the ball at the end of the Indian innings while, even Kumble is turning square. Kumble and Harbhajan are two spinners in the worls that can use the bounce to the greatest effect. They are doing that with great effect.

If you go on making comments without reading properly, the word "fool" will come into everyones mind.

Harbhajan has been average. The only reason he looked good bowling at the end was because England were defending out for the day. He is about as effective as Ashley Giles is as the moment!

Kumble, credit too him, he always bowls well. Hasn't turned it as much as Monty though.

JamesyJames3 said:
Harbhajan has been average. The only reason he looked good bowling at the end was because England were defending out for the day. He is about as effective as Ashley Giles is as the moment!

Kumble, credit too him, he always bowls well. Hasn't turned it as much as Monty though.

Did you watch the match. Did you see how Kumble beat Collingwood and Flintoff continuosly with the leg spinner.

Anyhow Kumble doesny depend on spin that much. He depends on a combination of variations in both spin and bounce.

Harbhajan is not looking good because England is defending him. Its because of the way he has made the ball jump and turn. He is almost making the ball turn square. And as if England are defending properly. They are either edging or getting beat half the deliveries.

I agree Monty is a very promising spinner. But comparing his 4 test wickets to Kumbles 503 is quite stupid.

varunvgiri said:
Did you watch the match. Did you see how Kumble beat Collingwood and Flintoff continuosly with the leg spinner.

Anyhow Kumble doesny depend on spin that much. He depends on a combination of variations in both spin and bounce.

Harbhajan is not looking good because England is defending him. Its because of the way he has made the ball jump and turn. He is almost making the ball turn square. And as if England are defending properly. They are either edging or getting beat half the deliveries.

I agree Monty is a very promising spinner. But comparing his 4 test wickets to Kumbles 503 is quite stupid.

1 - I am not comparing his test wickets to Monty, I am comparing the amount of turn. Which Monty is getting more of.

2 - Harbhajan bowled an array of half volleys which should of been put away but in the situation weren't.

JamesyJames3 said:
1 - I am not comparing his test wickets to Monty, I am comparing the amount of turn. Which Monty is getting more of.

2 - Harbhajan bowled an array of half volleys which should of been put away but in the situation weren't.

1. I dont see Monty turning the ball much more than Kumble on this pitch.

2. The situation was that they were finding it hard to even middle him. If you are bowling 4 unplayable ball and then 2 half volleys, then the chances are that you wont get punished. Hey, I am not a great fan of Bhajji. I believed he should have been dropped for this test, but even I admit that he bowled really well today.

JamesyJames3 said:
The only reason he looked good bowling at the end was because England were defending out for the day. He is about as effective as Ashley Giles is as the moment!
That is exactly what India did with Monty in Nagpur. And guess what happened when they didn't do it here? He's fetched one wicket in the Indian innings. Panesar could bowl a Clark-esque spell to dismiss the Indian batsmen on the fifth day, but I certainly don't see it coming. Especially with Dravid in the form that he is.

But you can never tell with cricket. West Indies just let the biggest advantage slip (going from 145/0 to about 220/8, chasing around 290) and Australia just lost an ODI series having set 435 as a target in the final game. It's best to keep our mouths shut, although we'll probably still be firing out of our ass about how good our team is.

* Our does not refer to the Indian fans but the prevalence of cocky supporters from both sides.

And I forgot to add, turn is hardly what is going to fetch you wickets in test cricket. You have to have variations, bounce, etc. as a spinner. Especially if you're bowling against the best team against spin. I am more afraid that England will resort to the leg-side bowling with Panesar, as they did with Giles last time around.

JamesyJames3 said:

Just because you turn the ball doesn't mean you are a quality bowler. Kumble, Warne, Murali, Bhajji and Vettori are quality because they have proved it in the long run.

Monty is way way behind that, he is a "promising" bowler, but nothing more than that. He might trouble the Indians, but it also depends on how India plays him.

Bhajji is in short of confidence, after being whacked in Pakistan. He should come back, sometime soon...he has done that several times in the past.

India has the upper hand. If they can get Flintoff and JOnes early, it'll make things much easier for them.
Interesting final day

Indiangod said:
I agree, England would be lucky if they got anywhere near 200, the way the spinners are bowling at the moment. India are on top at the close of day 4's play, we just need a 5 more quick wickets tommorow.

Could they be a twist in the tail tommorow?, we'll found out tommorow which I think will be full of drama.

Come on India!!!!! :happy :happy :happy

Even with the rain interruptions, this match has been full of excitement. Great advertisement for test cricket.

Hope the final day is fitting an end for this great test match!

JamesyJames3 said:

Only reason why you think England can win is because they crumbled on this pitch for 112?

But do you know why they crumbled? Not exactly because of the pitch, but because of their own defensive attitude that they adopted coming out in the second innings. Their body language clearly stated that they had given up hopes of a victory and they went into a defensive shell. That made the bowlers bowl the line they wanted and they knew they would not get hit!

India are not going to do that! Whatever the total is and in how many overs ever they need to get that total, the Indians will be going after the bowling (read 'Nagpur'). Here is my percentage of the possible results happening

Indian victory 68%
Draw 30%
England win 2%

Users who are viewing this thread