• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
JamesyJames3 said:
And you don't think Monty is capable of getting wickets?

First he needs to be given a longer spell on this pitch. It was clear that Flintoff didnt want to bowl him much after he was tonked by Pathan for a 4 and a 6 in a single over. Dravid also got two fours in an over of Monty Panesar. The correct way with which the Indians played Panesar yesterday made Flintoff not use him again after that. Had they used him, who knows, he might have got a lower order batsman early!

sohummisra said:
That is exactly what India did with Monty in Nagpur. And guess what happened when they didn't do it here? He's fetched one wicket in the Indian innings. Panesar could bowl a Clark-esque spell to dismiss the Indian batsmen on the fifth day, but I certainly don't see it coming. Especially with Dravid in the form that he is.

But you can never tell with cricket. West Indies just let the biggest advantage slip (going from 145/0 to about 220/8, chasing around 290) and Australia just lost an ODI series having set 435 as a target in the final game. It's best to keep our mouths shut, although we'll probably still be firing out of our ass about how good our team is.

* Our does not refer to the Indian fans but the prevalence of cocky supporters from both sides.

And I forgot to add, turn is hardly what is going to fetch you wickets in test cricket. You have to have variations, bounce, etc. as a spinner. Especially if you're bowling against the best team against spin. I am more afraid that England will resort to the leg-side bowling with Panesar, as they did with Giles last time around.

Definitely! I dont rule out special moments because they happen! I hope India finish it off!

My numbers would be

India - 70%
Draw -30%
England - 0%

I cant see an England win tomorrow with the amount of time left. There is not simply enough time for England to get a good total and then bowl out India..

Anyways, wht is the weather forecast for tomorrow. I hope the rain stays away

m_vaughan said:
England win 2%, a bit too MUCH dont u think?

Yea.. its a bit TOO MUCH

varunvgiri said:
My numbers would be

India - 70%
Draw -30%
England - 0%

I cant see an England win tomorrow with the amount of time left. There is not simply enough time for England to get a good total and then bowl out India..

They don't need to set a good total and bowl out India. They need to get bowled out with a lead of 150 and then India fail to chase it.

barmyarmy said:
They don't need to set a good total and bowl out India. They need to get bowled out with a lead of 150 and then India fail to chase it.

What are the chances of that happening????

I have no doubt England will get at least a 150 run lead. Flintoff and Jones will keep it steady as we need them too. The lower order will then take extra responsibility. I expect Plunkett and Harmisson to stand up and be counted for with the bat.

England are capable of bowling India out if they get 1 and a half sessions on that final day pitch. Remember that is about 48 overs. Also remember your first innings collapse at Nagpur, it is possible. Colin said earlier spin is getting the wickets, but pace and seam has always been the key for England, and no doubt it will be again.. Hit the pitch hard, and you are bound to get rewarded. On the other hand I suspect Hoggard will get quite a bit of swing. Just look how much Pathan got this morning.

Cmon Colin have faith in Jones and Flintoff they'll get you home. And then you won't need to look for a new keeper :)

I have been impressed with Dhoni's keeping recently. I think he has done the job very well. The only mistake I can think of is when Collingwood edged it and it bounced off his gloves to Dravid who missed it. Apart from that, he has been very good for the last couple of series.

Yea. It'll be stupid to rule out England, remember the Chennai test in 2001 between India and Australia.
As far as cricket is concerned, the unexpected sometimes happens!
:cool:

74/5, and they will want a lead of atleast 200 for an optimistic win. India will want to clean the innings though, they have failed to make use of opportunities many times in the past and they will hope they get rid of the "chokers" tag, just like SA did yesterday (in fine style!).

Adarsh said:
I have been impressed with Dhoni's keeping recently. I think he has done the job very well. The only mistake I can think of is when Collingwood edged it and it bounced off his gloves to Dravid who missed it. Apart from that, he has been very good for the last couple of series.
And the guy who impressed even more was Patel. Yesterday he was bowling consistently above 140+ with very good line and length. India should bowl with Patel and Kumble when they start day 5. If we can get Jones and Flintoff early then we definitely have a chance to win.
Come on INDIA. :happy

True

JamesyJames3 said:
Im suprised everyone is ruling out an England victory. I know it is unlikely. But it is possible. Best bowling attack in the world. Final day pitch. Get 150+ run lead. I would be an interested spectator.

True. Even a 120 run lead will give England a shot. The pitch has very uneven bounce, if Flintoff and Harmison bend their backs big time, they will give India a tough fight or even win.

West Indies bowled India out for 114 on the last day here and drew the series years ago.

This game is still wide open.

Its not wide open yet...but if England can score upto a lead of 200, yea...the game will be wide open. Lead of 200 will be critical for England because they will have minimum of two sessions and few early wickets can put India under pressure.

What ever the lead is, I'm sure Sehwag will try to score fast, to try to give india an early advantage. Don't be surprised (like the last test) to see Pathan/Dhoni sent up the order for some quick runs.

Users who are viewing this thread