• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
aussie1st said:
Jaffers doing the Sehwag role, three 4s already. Unless there is a third choke in 24 hours India should win. But some werid things have been happening lately, NZ winning, that greatest game.

don't think so... India is on a hot chasing streak. They have chased 13 times straight in odis - and some of them were 280+ and one even 300+. India is currently one of the best sides chasing and this situation is like a odi - 120 to get off 60 odd overs.

India are going at nearly 5 an over here. At this rate the match could well be over before tea. But knowing India, I wouldn't be overly confident. So there is a fare share for both the teams. But England have their work cut out.

Regarding the quicks in India, Balaji has comeback from an injury and is bowling a bit quicker than he previously used to do. Also Abid Nabi, Vijayakumar Yomahesh (Tamil Nadu & India U19), Praveen Kumar (UP), Gaurav Dhiman (All rounder) are certainly the names to be on look out for.

Though I am a bit worried about spinners. Piyush needs to be groomed properly and Bhajji needs to get back his confidence (A series against Australia, Perhaps?). Anil can play a maximum of 2 - 3 years. Also, we need a consistent workhorse like spinner. One in the Vettori mould.

This looks good. India can win this match very simple now. Only 116 runs needed in 64.3 overs.

Wow !! excellent bowling by munaf ! i guess he is the only current indian bowler who can do reverse swing :) good signs for india. india can win this game EASILY !!!

a big kudos to dravid and boys :clap :cheers

cricket_lover said:
The forecast is promising...not going to rain that much today. They should wrap up the game before tea.

India has a pool of fast bowlers, but like i always say, they need to "harness" their talents EFFICIENTLY. Khan, Nehra are all match-winning bowlers, but they could not continue, mainly due to fitness.
We don't want that to happen often, Indian pace bowlers have the history of breaking down sometime, so we need to use them in the right way.

Chawla should be given a break. I think India should go into the last test with 6 batsmen.

India is learning from earlier mistakes regarding Nehra & Khan - don't think they will make the same mistakes with current set of bowlers. Remember, Nehra & Khan started playing for india when there was hardly any support staff available. But now we have bio-mechanists and other support staff to look after the bowlers.

As for last test, India should go with tried and tested 7 batsman formula - onus would be on Englan to win and India should let them do the hard running. Besides, Tendulkar & Sehwag have looked shaky and Yuvraj has recently returned from injury. Kaif should be included to provide additional cover.

jk16_4 said:
Wow !! excellent bowling by munaf ! i guess he is the only current indian bowler who can do reverse swing :) good signs for india. india can win this game EASILY !!!

Sreesanth can reverse the ball as well and he did that in that dead as a dodo wicket at Nagpur.

Machanperu Bala said:
Sreesanth can reverse the ball as well and he did that in that dead as a dodo wicket at Nagpur.

And Pathan can get them out early in the innings!!! India has a decent pace attack IMHO!

Machanperu Bala said:
India are going at nearly 5 an over here. At this rate the match could well be over before tea. But knowing India, I wouldn't be overly confident. So there is a fare share for both the teams. But England have their work cut out.

Regarding the quicks in India, Balaji has comeback from an injury and is bowling a bit quicker than he previously used to do. Also Abid Nabi, Vijayakumar Yomahesh (Tamil Nadu & India U19), Praveen Kumar (UP), Gaurav Dhiman (All rounder) are certainly the names to be on look out for.

Though I am a bit worried about spinners. Piyush needs to be groomed properly and Bhajji needs to get back his confidence (A series against Australia, Perhaps?). Anil can play a maximum of 2 - 3 years. Also, we need a consistent workhorse like spinner. One in the Vettori mould.

simple, you cannot replace a bowler like Kumble. Warne, Murali, McGrath, Walsh, Kumble are in a different level altogether, those people are both made and become.

You're right, we need to groom Chawla properly. He's very young, and he needs experience. You don't want another Parthiv Patel.

Bhajji needs his confidence, needs to spend more time in the nets/middle.

28/0 at lunch. Confident start from India, especially Jaffer. He is playing like a man possessed.

Well played India!!! 116 required to win - looks like India will do it before tea.

cricket_lover said:
The forecast is promising...not going to rain that much today. They should wrap up the game before tea.

India has a pool of fast bowlers, but like i always say, they need to "harness" their talents EFFICIENTLY. Khan, Nehra are all match-winning bowlers, but they could not continue, mainly due to fitness.
We don't want that to happen often, Indian pace bowlers have the history of breaking down sometime, so we need to use them in the right way.

Chawla should be given a break. I think India should go into the last test with 6 batsmen.

That would be a very tough decision buddy! Sreesanth bowled very well in his debut test at Nagpur and picked 4 wickets. He has a big heart and bowls well. Since we have Munaf at the other end with very big confidence going into the Mumbai game, having Sreesanth with Munaf will certainly give India highly confident young bowlers and thats really great to have!

Barring a miracle, this game is in India's bag. Well what will be their game for Mumbai? They certainly should first look for a sporting wicket like this that has good bounce. This wicket at Mohali has been a revelation - something in it for fast bowlers, spinners, batsmen. If Mumbai can produce such a wicket, fantastic for test cricket.

India are well off with 5 bowlers. Dhoni and Pathan lend depth to the batting and our top order even though they are not in great form are world class players. And our lower order with Kumble, Harbhajan, etc have been batting really well on Indian wickets. So India SHOULD GO IN WITH 5 BOWLERS AGAIN!

alfa_beta said:
don't think so... India is on a hot chasing streak. They have chased 13 times straight in odis - and some of them were 280+ and one even 300+. India is currently one of the best sides chasing and this situation is like a odi - 120 to get off 60 odd overs.

ODI's and tests are different. You dont have field restrictions in test matches. But yeah, I thought England allowed the match to turn on its head by their ultra defensive tactics in batting. They seemed to have settled for a dull draw and batted very defensively.

Machanperu Bala said:

Anil can play for at least a year or so. Thats it. Expecting him for 2-3 years is a little too optimistic.

Piyush can be groomed well. We have Powar who has done really well in domestic cricket. But yes, we need more guys coming in for spin.

jk16_4 said:

Pathan reversed it in Nagpur. Sreesanth also did it in Nagpur.

Did you guys notice something? Munaf starts off at mid 120's and gradually builds up pace and hits the mid 140's. I feel this way of bowling allows him to bowl longer spells. He doesnt straight away hit the peak and that I feel consumes less energy for Munaf

alfa_beta said:
India is learning from earlier mistakes regarding Nehra & Khan - don't think they will make the same mistakes with current set of bowlers. Remember, Nehra & Khan started playing for india when there was hardly any support staff available. But now we have bio-mechanists and other support staff to look after the bowlers.

As for last test, India should go with tried and tested 7 batsman formula - onus would be on Englan to win and India should let them do the hard running. Besides, Tendulkar & Sehwag have looked shaky and Yuvraj has recently returned from injury. Kaif should be included to provide additional cover.

I disagree. India needs to look for wickets. Even though England might lose here, their batting has done well so far on this tour of India! Flintoff is in good form, Pietersen, Cook, Collingwood have all come up with good innings. So they are still a strong batting line up even though they dont have Trescothick and vaughan

I just don't feel happy. I think something is going to happen after lunch. Flintoff is the man India need to watch out from.

saisrini80 said:
Did you guys notice something? Munaf starts off at mid 120's and gradually builds up pace and hits the mid 140's. I feel this way of bowling allows him to bowl longer spells. He doesnt straight away hit the peak and that I feel consumes less energy for Munaf
Munaf has his basics right. He starts off at brisk pace but keeps his line and length in check so that he doesn't go for many. Then he builds in steam. Thats the way to do it. Also he has a nice and relaxed action and approach. His yorkers are well directed and his bouncers are also very good. It reminds me of a young Zaheer ripping through the defences of Steven Waugh and Adam Gilchrist.

Munaf, hopefully should go on for a long time.

Kratz said:
I just don't feel happy. I think something is going to happen after lunch. Flintoff is the man India need to watch out from.

Well yeah, but that has to be special if it happens. But yeah, Flintoff might be capable of doing that!

Machanperu Bala said:
Munaf has his basics right. He starts off at brisk pace but keeps his line and length in check so that he doesn't go for many. Then he builds in steam. Thats the way to do it. Also he has a nice and relaxed action and approach. His yorkers are well directed and his bouncers are also very good. It reminds me of a young Zaheer ripping through the defences of Steven Waugh and Adam Gilchrist.

Munaf, hopefully should go on for a long time.

Dont remind me of Zaheer. He disappointed me big time which now makes me wary of any fast bowler who starts off well.

Looks like he has the right temperament, nice action, sometimes feels like Balaji is bowling (hairstyle is also similar). I wonder when the times comes when India fields 4 fast bowlers in the team...too early to say but with Kumble gone in 2 years or so, it will become a reality.

If Sreesanth is not fit, they might pick VRV for the third test.

btw, you can check live scores on sify.
I'm quite sure this one is legal.

Just 100 odd runs to get now... India should finish it well before tea.

Jaffer goes! Methinks it's too little too late for England now.

Users who are viewing this thread